Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    Oops, wrong Confederate. Lee's story is fascinating, especially as it pertains to Arlington National Cemetery, but that's getting off topic.

I was initially drawn to the parallels between this march and actual Nazi propaganda, but as this whole thing has unfolded with the car being driven into the crowd of counterprotesters, I'm incredibly upset. This isn't right.

edit:
    Trump's response:
    Trump, Politicians Condemn Violence at Charlottesville White Nationalist Rally - NBC News

Bull ****ing ****.
    Kim Jong Whatsisname in Korea gets "hellfire and fury that the world has never before seen" or whatever, but an actual terrorist attack, and I'm referring to the car ramming into the crowd here, just gets "condemn[ed] in the strongest possible terms."
    You want him to nuke Charlottesville?

feh
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    I got a question for you Snake - what do you think about what is transpiring in Charlottesville? The Nazis/White Nationalists named their rally "Unite the Right".

You are part of the Right. Are you on board?
    What's the Matter with Kansas?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by feh View Post
    I got a question for you Snake - what do you think about what is transpiring in Charlottesville? The Nazis/White Nationalists named their rally "Unite the Right".

You are part of the Right. Are you on board?
    Of course not.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    No, I want him to call a spade a spade and denounce these fascists for what they are! In the past few weeks, we've seen the President encourage police brutality and threaten "hellfire" on NK, but all he says about Charlottesville is "condem[ing] with the strongest terms," and, of course, adds the caveat that the violence comes from "many sides."

Why is crashing a car into a crowd "Radical Islamic Terrorism" when it's done by a brown person, but hardly worth a footnote when it's done by actual Nazis?

Tell me, Snake. You've made it clear that you can understand Trump's dogwhistle. What did he actually mean by "condemn in the strongest terms," and why did he change his tone so drastically over an actual domestic terrorist attack, when a Twitter battle with North Korea earned "fury and hellfire?"
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

Fecal indicator
    Why is crashing a car into a crowd "Radical Islamic Terrorism" when it's done by a brown person, but hardly worth a footnote when it's done by actual Nazis?
    well, might have something to do with the fact that Trump has a Nazi sympathizer as one of his advisers...Sebastian Gorka.
    the 45th POTUS is inept, corrupt, and a pathological liar. and those may be his better qualities...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Clearly: black sheet = terrorist; white sheet (pointy on top) = patriot.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Two state police officers died in a helicopter crash. They were part of the law enforcement group trying to control the White Nationalist idiots.

feh
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Of course not.
    Then please explain the double standard you seem to have for KKK terrorists vs Muslim terrorists.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by feh View Post
    Then please explain the double standard you seem to have for KKK terrorists vs Muslim terrorists.
    Where do you get that idea?

RoadBikeReview Member
    See this and the article it references.

https://mobile.twitter.com/counterch...31084820459521

RoadBikeReview Member
    No, I want him to call a spade a spade and denounce these fascists for what they are! In the past few weeks, we've seen the President encourage police brutality and threaten "hellfire" on NK, but all he says about Charlottesville is "condem[ing] with the strongest terms," and, of course, adds the caveat that the violence comes from "many sides."

Tell me, Snake. You've made it clear that you can understand Trump's dogwhistle. What did he actually mean by "condemn in the strongest terms," and why did he change his tone so drastically over an actual domestic terrorist attack, when a Twitter battle with North Korea earned "fury and hellfire?"
    I think he meant he condemned it in the strongest terms. I sort of agree with him, don't you?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    I think he meant he condemned it in the strongest terms. I sort of agree with him, don't you?
    Both sides? Do you really think "Both sides" are guilty here?

Here is a list of Deadly North American terrorist attacks in 2017. Share with us your list from the "Other side"

Right wing Trump supporter kills 6 and injures 19 in Quebec mosque
    White Supremacist kills 2 Indian Engineers in Kansas
    White Supremacist killed a black man with a sword in NYC
    White Supremacist kills black Army lieutenant in Maryland
    White Supremacist kills 2, injured 1, in Portland
    White Supremacist kills police officer in Montana
    White Supremacist kills 1, injured 19 in Charlottesville.

Most people see this as a conflict between neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and the ideology of hatred and bigotry vs. every other decent person on the face of the Earth.

feh
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Where do you get that idea?
    From your posts. Your comments related to incidents like Charlottesville and those related to Islamic terrorism are far from balanced.

Just like Trump.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Both sides? Do you really think "Both sides" are guilty here?

Here is a list of Deadly North American terrorist attacks in 2017. Share with us your list from the "Other side"

Right wing Trump supporter kills 6 and injures 19 in Quebec mosque
    White Supremacist kills 2 Indian Engineers in Kansas
    White Supremacist killed a black man with a sword in NYC
    White Supremacist kills black Army lieutenant in Maryland
    White Supremacist kills 2, injured 1, in Portland
    White Supremacist kills police officer in Montana
    White Supremacist kills 1, injured 19 in Charlottesville.

Most people see this as a conflict between neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and the ideology of hatred and bigotry vs. every other decent person on the face of the Earth.
    Trump's technically right. The leftists lost it in response to the white supremacists. They fanned the flames . The only way for the violence to stop would have been the left refusing to take the bait. MLK and Ghandi did this with stunning results.

Obama steadfastly refused to call jihadists "Muslim" terrorists. Now Trump is refusing to call white supremacists for what they are. Tit for tat.

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    You do realize that the white supremacists are not from Charlottesville. They descended upon.. no, invaded.. that fair city to impose their opinions on others. They came from all over the nation armed with guns, bludgeons, etc... ready to "knock some sense" into the liberals of C-ville.

I can't believe that anyone is trying to lay the blame of this on anyone but the thugs who invaded C-ville in order to voice their displeasure over the citizens of that city deciding to remove a statue from their own park.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Trump's technically right. The leftists lost it in response to the white supremacists. They fanned the flames . The only way for the violence to stop would have been the left refusing to take the bait. MLK and Ghandi did this with stunning results.

Obama steadfastly refused to call jihadists "Muslim" terrorists. Now Trump is refusing to call white supremacists for what they are. Tit for tat.
    You post a lot of nonsense Fred but this post might win a prize.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Having watched both videos, the one about C'ville seemed tired and bored, like he didn't really care. I wanted to hear the same passion that he had when he was flipping his **** over North Korea, or egging on the crowds at his campaign rallies, or when he was speaking over the moderators and his opponents in the debates, or 11,000 other videos I've seen of Trump going completely apeshit.
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Having watched both videos, the one about C'ville seemed tired and bored, like he didn't really care. I wanted to hear the same passion that he had when he was flipping his **** over North Korea, or egging on the crowds at his campaign rallies, or when he was speaking over the moderators and his opponents in the debates, or 11,000 other videos I've seen of Trump going completely apeshit.
    I have not watched any news today at all. Stage Coach, She wore a Yellow Ribbon and The Quiet Man on a John Wayne Sat. What is happening in Charlottesville is pretty ugly and the Guard will probably have to take control of it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm a supporter of freedom of speech,

Thus I am able to say that the KKK, Nazis, White Supremacists, anti Semites, racists and their ilk are the scum of the earth.

And Trump will stand up for his deplorable base just as he does for Putin.

Ricardo Cabeza
    The violence was undoubtedly provoked by the Profa terrorists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    You post a lot of nonsense Fred but this post might win a prize.
    Why? It's the truth, ain't it?

Think of how effective it would have been for the leftists to just stand there and stare the nazis down? What a powerful show of moral superiority! Sinking to the same senseless violence the fascists were engaged in reduced the leftists to the same level as the fascists. Each side of the aisle can blame to other, so it ends up 0-0.

The KKK has had these demonstrations before. They were contained by the cops and nothing happened. Why was that?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb100 View Post

Thus I am able to say that the KKK, Nazis, White Supremacists, anti Semites, racists and their ilk are the scum of the earth.

So you are a supporter of your free speech.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Why? It's the truth, ain't it?

Think of how effective it would have been for the leftists to just stand there and stare the nazis down? What a powerful show of moral superiority! Sinking to the same senseless violence the fascists were engaged in reduced the leftists to the same level as the fascists. Each side of the aisle can blame to other, so it ends up 0-0.

The KKK has had these demonstrations before. They were contained by the cops and nothing happened. Why was that?
    So you are saying the KKK was triggered by a bunch of hippies?

Step out of the echo chamber. The vast majority of counter protesters were anti-violent.

Clergy linked arms at the park

The night before these students protested peacefully. They are assaulted by white supremacist for 20 minutes before the police stepped in.

The fact is the two sides were kept apart most of the day. It was after the KKK stepped over the line that the police started arresting idiots like Richard Spencer

It was after the police told the crowd to disperse that the terrorist, at the direction of the event organizer, hunted and drove down peaceful protesters

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb100 View Post

Well, to be fair, da Man did say, "We are first, all Americans!" ["Suck it up, xenophobes! We're all in it together! May as well try and get along!"]

That's the message i got anyway. I ain't no Klanner, neither. David Duke looks like he wears makeup. Not my idea of a leader.

Look, these paranoiac evil doers are in our midst; they're a part of us. If we don't hear their voices, how we gonna know how to deal with them? This is a battle of hearts and minds, don't forget. One pundit said tonight, are we finally coming to terms, that is overcoming our guilt, with our slavery past, America's "original sin?" Let the words and emotions come forth as in a confessional, truth and reconciliation!

We need to come terms with our fundamentally racist past, as painful as it is. These KKKers merely bring the issue front and center. Good. We made some major progress in race relations thinking about this in the Sixties. Time is ripe for a reset. It's happening, despite or because of this Trump takeover of power. He's weak, fortunately.

I worry about Bannon [alt/right] and Pence [religious fundie] more, to tell the truth. I don't think Trump will fall for those guys, ultimately. Both serve as conduits to his "base," that's all. He's wants everyone to know he's his own man.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    While Trump wants everyone to think "Both sides" are the same we all know they are not.

This peaceful protest rapidly

became this organized assault

https://twitter.com/Travon/status/896391383057137664

Its the same......right?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast