Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned forever.....or not

Why are there so many morons in America?

In a recent PEW poll, 18% of the general population believe that the President is a Mooslim. In another part of the poll, 30% of Republicans believe that Obama is a Mooslim.

Pew analysts attribute the findings to attacks by his opponents and Obama's limited attendance at religious services, particularly in contrast with Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, whose worship was more public.

Six in 10 of those saying Obama is a Muslim said they got the information from the media, with the largest portion 16 percent saying it was on television.

Before the election, I remember an old lady, at one of McCain's town hall meetings, saying how afraid she was, because Obama was a Mooslim. To his credit, McCain took a few minutes to assure the crazy lady that Obama wasn't a Mooslim, and she had nothing to worry about, because Obama was a "good" man.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38766014...cs-white_house
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

Ricardo Cabeza
    are they morons, or is the President just not trustworthy?

consistent low approval ratings for the executive and legislative branches regardless of who is in power tell me something important.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

Fecal indicator
    uhhh....Fox News??
    eff all y'all...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Are you sure you read the poll right???

I think the poll was not if they thought he was a mooslim but if they thought he was a mooron!!!
    I'm keeping my freedom, Bible, guns, and money....... You can keep your damn CHANGE.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox
    uhhh....Fox News??
    Name one time on Fox News that someone stated that Obama was a Muslim. You can't. This is a fabrication that the libs have to make in order to blindly look away from this super unqualified presidents short comings.

It's not George Bush's or Fox News fault that Obama is a poor excuse for a president.
    "Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." Peasant

"Our capitalist system provides the initiative for the majority to develop their talents where they will be of most value to the free will bearing people of our nation." Me, 2011

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69

consistent low approval ratings for the executive and legislative branches regardless of who is in power tell me something important.
    "Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." Peasant

"Our capitalist system provides the initiative for the majority to develop their talents where they will be of most value to the free will bearing people of our nation." Me, 2011

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

What's that? That bipartisan politics are ineffective?

RoadBikeReview Member
    "Who called that President a Mooslim?" "Who called that Mooslim a President?"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Great thread. Move on...nothing to see here.

RoadBikeReview Member

You nailed it ...

Photobucket

eminence grease
    By this logic, 18% of Americans should have been thinking that GWB was a Zoroastrian.
    You'd be better off with a netbook, they do everything better.

My travel blog: http://tbaroundtheworld.blogspot.com

jaded bitter joy crusher
    Are you saying that reasonable people would conclude that the President should not be trusted when he says he's a Christian, despite clear evidence that he's been a consistent churchgoer at Christian churches for many years?

Do you think he might be a Muslim who's been going to Christian churches just to fool the public?
    Anything that doesn't take years of your life and drive you to suicide hardly seems worth doing. ---- Cormac McCarthy

A man can get disouraged many times, but he is not a failure until he begins to blame somebody else and stops trying --- John Burroughs

I think that many Republicans believe that Obama was a "Terror Baby".
    Dogbert.

I>U

Scary Teddy Bear
    Well the biggest question is, who really cares?

I mean, if people are that concerned that he might be muslim...well, then they just need to be shot....cause they are using up valuable resources for the rest of the human species.

WTF? I mean seriously...if this was the worst crime they could pin on him, which I don't believe is true anyway...more Glenn Beck rubbish....then he's doing pretty dam good.

Bush was an imp, a buffoon, a total failure of a human being, and a real party animal I am told, but that was okay?

Seriously, these people need to be executed. Preferably in plain sight.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." John Stuart Mill, 1866

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
    http://physasst.blogspot.com/

eminence grease
    Quote Originally Posted by physasst

Bush was an imp, a buffoon, a total failure of a human being, and a real party animal I am told, but that was okay?

But was he a Zoroastrian? That's the important issue.

Fox News contributors Steve Hayes and Charles Krauthammer, and even Special Report host Bret Baier assign blame for the misconception to President Obama. Krauthammer claimed that "the emphasis Obama placed on Muslim outreach might incline people to conclude that he's not a Christian," while Hayes agreed "absolutely" with host Bret Baier's suggestion that the fact that Obama "has talked openly about his -- the Muslim heritage in his family" has contributed to misconceptions about his religion.

The fact that these right-wing pundits are blaming Obama is astoundingly egregious. If they truly wanted to discover who is to blame for such conspiratorial rumors, the right-wing media need look no further than themselves. In fact, Fox News is in part responsible for launching the notion from fodder in the conservative blogosphere to the mainstream. Had Special Report's All Star Panel turned back the clock a year, they would have discovered that the show aired a segment in June of 2009 which asked of the President, "Islam or Isn't He?"

In addition, blogger and frequent Fox News guest Pamela Geller has tagged 267 blog posts with the phrase "Muslim in the White House." Other conservative figures, including Fox's own Glenn Beck, frequently call Obama's Christianity into question, even claiming that he has "contempt for the Scriptures."

The right-wing media has been pushing the idea that Obama is a Muslim for years. Any attempt by the right-wing media to whitewash their involvement in forwarding the rumor by blaming Obama is simply dishonest.

Limbaugh: "There might be reasons why some people think" Obama is a Muslim. On his August 19 radio show, Rush Limbaugh, who lately has taken to calling Obama "Imam Obama", said: "Has Obama ever called Muslims 'bitter clingers'? Well, he's called Christians 'bitter clingers.' He did that in San Francisco. I'm just throwing these things out here, folks, because people are questioning his Christianity. Some think he's a Muslim. I'm just saying there might be reasons why some people think this." Limbaugh also said during the same show, "If it was OK, and even laudatory, to call Bill Clinton America's first black president, why can't we call Imam Obama America's first Muslim president?"

Right-wing runs with dubious claim that Obama admitted "I am a Muslim." Conservatives pushed an unsubstantiated claim that Obama admitted to Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit that he is a Muslim, with G. Gordon Liddy stating that it comes under the heading "suspicions confirmed." Right-wing commentator Pamela Geller went even further and put the words "I am a Muslim" in quotation marks and attributed the statement to Obama in the title of a blog post hyping the rumor.

Wash. Times' Kuhner: Obama is a "cultural Muslim." In a July 8 Washington Times op-ed, Jeffrey Kuhner wrote that Obama is "betraying the Jews" and that he "is a cultural Muslim whose sympathies lie with the Islamic world in its life-death struggle against Israel."

Geller: Obama's Pearl comments were "spoken like an" "antisemitic Muslim terrorist." In a May 18 post, Geller wrote of Obama's comments on the signing of the Daniel Pearl Freedom of the Press Act: "The Daniel Pearl beheading 'captured the world's imagination' -- spoken like an ..........antisemitic Muslim terrorist. Pearl was beheaded (GRAPHIC VIDEO) because of Islamic anti-semitism and violent jihadi doctrine. Freedom of the press had nothing to do with it. And this coming from a plant who is attempting to restrict these freedoms ..............press and speech." In fact, Obama was honoring Pearl in his comments.

Quinn on Obama: "I think he's a Muslim." Seizing on reports that Obama had gone golfing on Christmas Day 2009, Jim Quinn said on his radio show: "I know that it's very impolitic to bring this up but I think he's a Muslim. Sorry, I do." Quinn, who has also repeatedly suggested Obama is Muslim, said of Obama on his February 26 radio show, "You've got a nexus here of angry black nationalism" and "whose entire family is Muslim."

Geller calls Obama "the Muslim president." Geller's blog contains 267 posts tagged, "Muslim in the White House?" In a June 2, 2009, post, Geller called Obama "The Muslim president." Calling it a "critical issue," Geller wrote in January 2008 that "Obama went to a madrassa in Jakarta," that "he practiced Islam," and that "if Obama makes it to the big house, Israel is screwed. Finished." On May 30, 2009, Geller wrote that with his Cairo speech, Obama "proved everything I said to be true." In fact, CNN debunked the "madrassa" falsehood in January of 2007, and as Newsweek stated, "Barack Obama has never been Muslim and never practiced Islam."

Fox News' Special Report asks of Obama: "Islam or Isn't He?" During a June 4, 2009, segment, Fox News' Special Report aired a quote by Obama national security official Denis McDonough, in which he talked about how Obama "experienced Islam on three continents" and grew up in Indonesia with a Muslim father, and asked: "Islam or Isn't He?"

Savage: Obama is "an unknown stealth candidate" who "in fact, was a Muslim." Michael Savage falsely asserted that Obama was a Muslim and attended a madrassa, saying: "Look who we inherited in this country, from Dwight D. Eisenhower to Barack Hussein Obama, in one generation. A war hero to -- a war hero who commanded the Allied operations against Nazi Germany was running for the presidency then. Now we have an unknown stealth candidate who went to a madrassas in Indonesia and, in fact, was a Muslim."

KSFO's Rodgers: Obama "admits in one of his own books" that he would "stand with the Muslims" against "the Western world." Repeating a false allegation from a chain email, Lee Rodgers falsely claimed Obama "admits in one of his own books" that "in case of a confrontation between the Western world and the Islamic world, he will stand with the Muslims." In fact, what Obama wrote in his 2006 book, The Audacity of Hope, according to FactCheck.org, "is that he would stand with American immigrants from Pakistan or Arab countries should they be faced with something like the forced detention of Japanese-American families in World War II."

Conservative radio hosts seize on Obama comment to revive false rumors about his faith. During the 2008 campaign, numerous conservative talk-radio hosts selectively highlighted Obama's assertion, which he immediately clarified, that "John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith" to revive rumors that he is a Muslim, not a Christian. For example, Chris Baker claimed that Obama's comment was "obviously a Freudian slip" and stated, "He confessed. It's over." Savage described Obama as a "Muslim stealth candidate" and stated: "I have nothing against moderate Muslims. ... The question is, why is he covering up his Muslim faith?"
    Dogbert.

I>U

Scary Teddy Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by surfndav
    Name one time on Fox News that someone stated that Obama was a Muslim. You can't. This is a fabrication that the libs have to make in order to blindly look away from this super unqualified presidents short comings.

It's not George Bush's or Fox News fault that Obama is a poor excuse for a president.

Sometimes it helps to think before you type...

http://motherjones.com/transition/in...tory-was-toxic

Fox News is in part responsible for launching the notion from fodder in the conservative blogosphere to the mainstream. Had Special Report's All Star Panel turned back the clock a year, they would have discovered that the show aired a segment in June of 2009 which asked of the President, "Islam or Isn't He?"

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201008190067

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/Fo...bama_0119.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/13/us.../13martin.html

You might want to factcheck that.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." John Stuart Mill, 1866

Scary Teddy Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by terry b
    But was he a Zoroastrian? That's the important issue.

Yes, yes he was......

Tig
    Valar Morghulis
    I'm petitioning for the contact information of this 18%...
    I've got some water front property for sale!

Seriously, could there be a better litmus test for pure hate-born ignorance?

Tig
    Valar Morghulis
    This is a fabrication that the libs have to make in order to blindly look away from this super unqualified presidents short comings.
    Bwaaa-haaaa-haa-haaaa!
    Oh, Jeez, you're killin' me here!

You have to be kidding, right?

eminence grease
    Quote Originally Posted by physasst
    Yes, yes he was......
    I knew it! That's why he wanted to invade Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Bwaaa-haaaa-haa-haaaa!
    Oh, Jeez, you're killin' me here!

You have to be kidding, right?

I have a feeling that he isn't.

I've come to the conclusion that most Republicans are either "bad people", .......were mistreated as a child, or ...........see top post.
    Dogbert.

I>U

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005

The OP was asking for an explanation, not supporting evidence.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY
    I have a feeling that he isn't.

I've come to the conclusion that most Republicans are either "bad people", .......were mistreated as a child, or ...........see top post.

I havent been around here for long, so I do not really know you yet. I think the easiest way to get info is to come right out and ask.

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT

Do you mean everything you say, or are you, like, part troll?

Quote Originally Posted by 151
    I havent been around here for long, so I do not really know you yet. I think the easiest way to get info is to come right out and ask.

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT

Do you mean everything you say, or are you, like, part troll?
    It depends on if my meds have kicked in.
    Dogbert.

I>U

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast