Banned forever.....or not

Will this guy hurt the anti-abortion faction???

WICHITA, Kan. The man charged in the shooting death of abortion provider Dr. George Tiller warned Sunday that more violence is possible.

Scott Roeder, being held on charges of first-degree murder and aggravated assault in Tiller's killing one week ago, called The Associated Press from the Sedgwick County jail.

Tiller, whose Wichita clinic was among only a few in the U.S. performing third-trimester abortions, was shot while serving as an usher at the Lutheran church he attended.

"I know there are many other similar events planned around the country as long as abortion remains legal," Roeder said.

He would not elaborate.

In two separate calls to AP on Sunday morning, Roeder was far more talkative about his treatment at the Sedgwick County jail, complaining about "deplorable conditions in solitary" where he was kept during his first three days there.

Roeder said it was freezing in his cell. "I started having a bad cough. I thought I was going to have pneumonia," he said.

He said he called AP because he wanted to emphasize the conditions in the jail so that in the future suspects would not have to endure the same conditions.

Roeder also said also wanted the public to know he has been denied phone privileges for the past two days, and needed his sleep apnea machine.

I hear that it's much warmer at Gitmo.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Seriously, Scott is a homegrown terrorist, plain and simple. He should be treated as one. He should be waterboarded until he gives up names of others planning similar attacks, since we purports to "know something" about similar attacks.

(Or conversely, the US should get a grip on the "war on terror" and stop bandying the word about so loosely).

Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
    Boo fricken hoo, too cold in his jail cell. Gitmo is too good for this guy, wonder if we can pay the Russians to keep him in Siberia.
    Just fast enough to know I am slow.

AM999's Liberal Facist
    Quote Originally Posted by filtersweep
    Seriously, Scott is a homegrown terrorist, plain and simple. He should be treated as one. He should be waterboarded until he gives up names of others planning similar attacks, since we purports to "know something" about similar attacks.

(Or conversely, the US should get a grip on the "war on terror" and stop bandying the word about so loosely).
    Beat me to it.
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

RoadBikeReview Member

Uhhh, didn't Obama declare that little set to is over? I think it's called something else now. "War on Terror" was so inflamatory. I'm ok with waterboarding Scotty though, soak away.

Not Banned

too bad there are no extrmists on the other side

the churches that condone these acts are known and are full of sitting targets every sunday
    I mean if they want to have a gun war over this, what is gonna happen if the other side starts shooting back?

never would happen , folks on the other side have too much sense
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie
    the churches that condone these acts are known and are full of sitting targets every sunday
    Not every sunday. You might catch them on "bring your guns to church day."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2002

That has always been my issue. First "the war on terror" is just that BUT it is a war without end. Just like the "war on poverty" it will never end BUT Bush, like an idiot made it seem like a war of cultures.

Yes 9-11 was the biggest lost of life in a single terrorist attack EVER, not just in the US but ever. That being said the majority of terrorist acts in the US have been from home grown groups using home grown issues as the reasons behind the. The Order, Aryan Nations, Weather Underground, KKK, members of the "Army of God", Black Panthers and any other number of right wing and left wing nuts are a more consistent threat to us than islamic extremeists. Yes the Islamic extremeists need to watched, fought and arrested, but it seems these wing nuts are getting lost in the shuffle.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Wait, on one of two phone calls to the AP he complained about being denied phone privileges?

Why'd they even bother reporting on his complaints?

This guy hurts the cause for the American Association of Stupid Asses.
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoebuck
    Wait, on one of two phone calls to the AP he complained about being denied phone privileges?

Why'd they even bother reporting on his complaints?

This guy hurts the cause for the American Association of Stupid Asses.
    From time to time I have belonged to that group and we're non violent.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit
    From time to time I have belonged to that group and we're non violent.
    No they aren't. The USA is mired in Iraq thanks to them.
    IceMan
    The Bike Whisperer
    "It's hard to be me, I just make it look easy."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by walleyeangler
    No they aren't. The USA is mired in Iraq thanks to them.
    I thought we had become unmired of late?

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie
    I mean if they want to have a gun war over this, what is gonna happen if the other side starts shooting back?
    Funny you mention that. I read an article in the LA Times (that I can't seem to find online) and someone from one of the leading anti-abortion groups said something along the lines of: I don't condone the murder but what did he expect? Violence begets violence.

So does that mean it's ok if we bomb his anti-abortion headquarters?
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    We are pulling out thanks be to our commander in chief. Mired still? Yes unfortunately.
    IceMan
    The Bike Whisperer

RoadBikeReview Member
    We are pulling out thanks be to our commander in chief. Mired still? Yes unfortunately.
    We will be out by 2012 which was pretty much the same timeline the old CIC laid out. That date also is said to depend on progress made, again the same qualifications as the old admin. Gitmo is out of business, just as soon as we can figure out what to do with the ones we can't turn loose. Same problem the old admin told the new one they would face. Seems the more things change the more they stay the same. We must have elected John Kerry with his "same thing only better" theme.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit
    We will be out by 2012 which was pretty much the same timeline the old CIC laid out. That date also is said to depend on progress made, again the same qualifications as the old admin. Gitmo is out of business, just as soon as we can figure out what to do with the ones we can't turn loose. Same problem the old admin told the new one they would face. Seems the more things change the more they stay the same. We must have elected John Kerry with his "same thing only better" theme.

Keep dreaming. Reality is so much prettier than your nightmares.
    IceMan
    The Bike Whisperer

RoadBikeReview Member
    Keep dreaming. Reality is so much prettier than your nightmares.
    How would you know?