Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    CNN saying 16 dead

MAGA
    Make that 17 dead. Done with an AR-15. Ban them suckers! They've become the play things of schizoids across the country, and we're biting our fingernails over being subjected to lies from phantom Russian hackers?

12 school shootings this year--in two months! America is at war with itself. Our children are playing it out in grade schools. The evil Russkies don't have to do a damn thing but sit back and laugh their a$$es off.

Get rid of the guns, comrades. They're going to be our downfall, sure as hell.

RoadBikeReview Member
    thoughts and prayers will get you diddly squat.

and anyone saying this knows it, too...

just stfu.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

RoadBikeReview Member
    QUESTION: Was Nikolaus Cruz, the 19 year old alleged mass-murder, a member of a well regulated militia?

Time for Plan B my fellow Americans.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" 15 times this year alone!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    They those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The problem is you can't teach stupid and history is taught in a classroom.

Trigger Warning
    I found his facebook -- he had about a dozen friends but otherwise seemed normal on social media. Perhaps his private pics had more guns.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    #thoughtsandprayers the 21st century solution to domestic terror.
    It sounds like helpless pleading from those mandated to keep us safe; weak apologies for not being able to do anything about the problem. They want the public to accept the status quo, even as it rises up once a week and bites us in the a$$.

We could probably make a major dent in the killings by throwing people who use guns in crimes away in jail for lengthy periods, as the Japanese do. Target practicing is popular in Japan but they don't have a gun crime problem. Governments could also revive gun buyback programs. In the past they've cut gun homicides down quite a bit, those opportunistic crimes, including these school shootings, made possible by the 300 million guns in the US.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Turn up your volume and listen

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Turn up your volume and listen

notice that most of the shootings were in conservative state. Cali had 1. One would think that based on the conservative's depiction of Cali there would be a ton more shooting in Cali. I guess not!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Governments could also revive gun buyback programs. In the past they've cut gun homicides down quite a bit, those opportunistic crimes, including these school shootings, made possible by the 300 million guns in the US.
    As soon as another black man gets into the Whitehouse gun sales will rocket up again. Never mind that under Trump mass shooting incidents are on the rise, he says things are better.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    As soon as another black man gets into the Whitehouse gun sales will rocket up again. Never mind that under Trump mass shooting incidents are on the rise, he says things are better.
    Trump can't even manage adequate background checks for his staff, much less prospective gun owners.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    It sounds like helpless pleading from those mandated to keep us safe; weak apologies for not being able to do anything about the problem. They want the public to accept the status quo, even as it rises up once a week and bites us in the a$$.

We could probably make a major dent in the killings by throwing people who use guns in crimes away in jail for lengthy periods, as the Japanese do. Target practicing is popular in Japan but they don't have a gun crime problem. Governments could also revive gun buyback programs. In the past they've cut gun homicides down quite a bit, those opportunistic crimes, including these school shootings, made possible by the 300 million guns in the US.

There are lots of things we could do that would make a dent.

Fact is, we're not going to do any of them. The NRA runs our government.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    There are lots of things we could do that would make a dent.

Fact is, we're not going to do any of them. The NRA runs our government.
    Well the senator from CT suggested polls are showing Americans aren't as approving of the NRA after each of these shocks, so politicians are lesser required to get NRA support to win elections. In ETX being backed by the NRA is like being blessed by God. It'll bring in the votes. It won't in most big cities.

NRA is a pariah right here in NVA where they're holed up in this massive vault like HQ building that looks like a throwback to Stalinist Russia. Wayne LaPierre is a strident proto-fascist, quite possibly endowed with a small dick.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    text message from a kid at the school to their parent.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Well the senator from CT suggested polls are showing Americans aren't as approving of the NRA after each of these shocks, so politicians are lesser required to get NRA support to win elections. In ETX being backed by the NRA is like being blessed by God. It'll bring in the votes. It won't in most big cities.

NRA is a pariah right here in NVA where they're holed up in this massive vault like HQ building that looks like a throwback to Stalinist Russia. Wayne LaPierre is a strident proto-fascist, quite possibly endowed with a small dick.
    The cities don't set national policy. Why do you think Trump and the GOP are in control of the entire federal government?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    The cities don't set national policy. Why do you think Trump and the GOP are in control of the entire federal government?
    Oh yeah? How about sanctuary cities? Minorities, intellectuals, live in the cities and they vote Democratic.

There's the "deep state" in DC: the bureaucrats, lawyers, contractors, that run the government. DC Metro is a liberal haven for them. Nixon and Dubya had problems with the liberal deep state. They operated in a degree of secrecy not seen since WW2. But it wasn't Nazi spies they were worried about. It was the press.

We can be thankful the Trump administration leaks like a sieve.

He's squeezed oh so deftly out of his latest scandal as a former serial wife abuser. Ya hafta wonder why Melania won't hold hands with him for the cameras as they skip off Air Force One. We'll have to see what the elderly ladies at the beauty shop are saying.

I make Eagles fly
    Jan 2015
    https://www.dailywire.com/node/27165...ign=benshapiro

school shooting statistics for the year.
    If you don't follow the liberal flock, you are called a troll.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrasmak View Post

I feel better now only some dead and injured not as many as we were lead to believe.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    They those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The problem is you can't teach stupid and history is taught in a classroom.

I make Eagles fly
    Jan 2015
    Wasn't it Ben Carson who said we should just charge shooters?

Charging the shooter is taught, much better chance of living or saving others then if you cower and wait to be shot. It will take balls to do so.
    If you don't follow the liberal flock, you are called a troll.

RoadBikeReview Member

Well, there are mass shooting events now at regular intervals, a few times a year with body counts above 5, the definition of a "mass shooting." This is almost as bad as some countries on the verge of a "failed state." If it isn't terrorism, what should we call it? Who do we hold accountable for a social condition that's getting worse, evidenced by these lone wolf psychos with the AR-15s, each trying to out-kill the others?

We should do the same thing regulating guns as we do regulating cars. They have similar tendencies to inflict bodily harm randomly on totally innocent people.

This would be a simple problem to fix: get rid of the means, guns and ammo, starting with banning AR-15s, then work it out from there. Americans can't handle guns. They use them for the wrong reasons.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Charging the shooter is taught, much better chance of living or saving others then if you cower and wait to be shot. It will take balls to do so.
    You're right. Charging at the right moment would end the crisis momentarily and for a few seconds you might have the upper hand. You'd have to be pretty close, however.

Remember the Gabby Giffords shooting? The kid had to reload his Glock and an old man lying next to him reached up and grabbed the gun, while two or three others grabbed the guy and took him down. But children in grade school with one adult teacher, most likely a woman? Withdrawal is the best option 99% of the time. When withdrawal is impossible, then you gotta fight.

A ninja kid dressed in black knocked on my back door at 5 AM one morning in TX. I was then living at the family home with my very elderly mother. When I opened the door to see what had triggered the light above the garage door on, this punk bursts out of the bushes with a little .22 gangsta style and forces his way into the house. I give him the $10 out of my wallet. He wants the silverware. He was very young and very nervous. I realized I could play with the guy. So when he directed me to take him to the silverware, which would have awakened my mom, I led him out the back door. As he came out I grabbed his fore arm and yanked him forward onto the patio. He was very good, recovered about 8 ft. away and rushed me, striking my forehead as I fell back with the butt of his little .22. I cursed. He hesitated for a second then took off into the back yard and jumped the fence like a deer. His blow could have taken out my eye, but apparently he wasn't ready to face a murder rap.

Ironically, the police investigator asked if I knew the perp after hearing my story. Such are the expectations in such encounters if you watch too much TV.
    Last edited by Fredrico; 3 Days Ago at 12:25 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRANA View Post
    "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" 15 times this year alone!
    Why is this even news anymore? We've deemed that gun ownership is worth the child sacrifice. What are the Kardashians up to anyway??

xxl
    I did an informal survey of several pro-gun websites' social media outlets last night (aka "lurking"), to see what comments were being made.

I found it informative, suggest you may do the same, and see for yourselves.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Well, there are mass shooting events now at regular intervals, a few times a year with body counts above 5, the definition of a "mass shooting." This is almost as bad as some countries on the verge of a "failed state." If it isn't terrorism, what should we call it? Who do we hold accountable for a social condition that's getting worse, evidenced by these lone wolf psychos with the AR-15s, each trying to out-kill the others?

We should do the same thing regulating guns as we do regulating cars. They have similar tendencies to inflict bodily harm randomly on totally innocent people.

This would be a simple problem to fix: get rid of the means, guns and ammo, starting with banning AR-15s, then work it out from there. Americans can't handle guns. They use them for the wrong reasons.
    A) No that is not the definition of "mass shooting", the FBI and virtually everyone base it on victim count not fatalities. AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by MST
    How do you define “mass shooting”?
    We define a mass shooting to be an incident of violence in which 4 or more people are shot. We do not consider the motive of the shooter, or whether he or she shot up a school, workplace or street corner. Our mission is to record all incidents of mass gun violence. We include the shooter's death because suicide matters and means matter. Ignoring the shooter's death is not logically consistent with research that tracks the death toll of firearm suicides in our society.
    B) It isn't "a few"...https://massshootingtracker.org/data . Yesterday's school shooting will be #41 in the USA.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Well, there are mass shooting events now at regular intervals, a few times a year with body counts above 5, the definition of a "mass shooting."
    A few? A few F#%KING times a year? WTF are you smoking?

Congress defined mass shooting in 2013 as being murder of three or more people.
    https://www.congress.gov/112/plaws/p...112publ265.pdf

30 mass shootings so far in 2018.
    346 mass shootings in 2017. (Almost every god d#mn day)

That's not "regular intervals". And it's not a "few" F#%KING times a year. Time to get in touch with reality.

This would be a simple problem to fix:
    Everyone knows it's be a simple problem to fix.... except the f#%k nuts in congress and the white house who are owned by the NRA.... and the f#%k nuts who keep voting for them.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast