RoadBikeReview Member

2010 Tour of Flanders Photos - Koppenberg Recon

My videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSuperMotoHooligan

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyCyclingVlogger

"The crows come in groups but the eagle soars alone" Jens Voigt

"They call me the Panther, and panthers always have the energy for one last swipe of their claws.” Daniele Bennati

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    Here is a direct link to the cyclingfans.com photo gallery where all those photos came from. There are actually even more photos there.

2010 Tour of Flanders Photos - Recon

waterproof*
    cool shots.
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Imagine doing that in the rain & cold. Forecast for Sunday is 70% chance of rain & temps in the 40's.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nice, thanks for sharing.

CHL
    Naso Unicornis
    Bloody hell. That looks atrocious terrain, on which to ride. I can see why they ride with much larger tires and standard 32/36 hole wheels. I wouldn't even drive my car on that muck. Those guys have to be borderline dead/exhausted after each of the classics.

CHL

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gamara
    Imagine doing that in the rain & cold. Forecast for Sunday is 70% chance of rain & temps in the 40's.
    You forgot the wind.
    Welcome to the real world of cycling.
    Blows your hair back.

Hucken The Fard Up !
    I was very tempted to go to the race tomorrow.

Only 6 hours by car from here and/or 8 hour with TGV to Paris and then a reagional to to Oudenaarde.

But the weather forecast is not good, and I don't want to do a 16 hour trip just to be under the rain for 3 hours.

It is a real pitty they don't organise the Züri Metzgete anymore... it happened here, the finish line was just 2 Kms from my appartment
    Last edited by Salsa_Lover; 04-03-2010 at 01:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

Eddy 53:11
    Great stuff.
    Live vicariously through yourself.

Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CHL
    Bloody hell. That looks atrocious terrain, on which to ride. I can see why they ride with much larger tires and standard 32/36 hole wheels.
    Except for George who appears to be riding a pair of low-spoke-count Easton EC90 carbon aeros ... I wonder if they will last the distance?
    Old La Honda in less than 20 minutes! Or you can watch race video from the low-key hill climb on Welch Creek. More at www.biketelemetry.com.

"I think," said Christopher Robin, "that we ought to eat all our Provisions now, so that we shan't have so much to carry.", Winnie-the-Pooh, A. A. Milne.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ukbloke
    Except for George who appears to be riding a pair of low-spoke-count Easton EC90 carbon aeros ... I wonder if they will last the distance?
    has equipment ever let him down?
    Blows your hair back.

Go Blue
    Most important question: Is there a beer tent at the top of the Koppenberg this year? When I went to the Ronde in 2006, there was a large beer tent at the top of the Koppenberg where you could drink and watch the rest of the race on large screen TVs after the riders had had passed by. As much as I enjoyed seeing the peloton come up the Koppenberg at close range, I think that I enjoyed my time in the tent even more.
    I try to be perfectly civil, until someone really pisses me off.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    UKBloke, couldn't agree with you more. I love George, watched him come up as a junior racing NY/NJ. But, he has lost PR how many times to equipment failure. Broken steerer, broken wheels, multiple flats. Look at the big winners of the classics and they eliminate the mechanical hurtles. Sure Boonen broke a wheel LY and Johan had flats, but when you add up the years that they didn't.... George, stop screwing around with equipment and use the 32 hole Ambros. and screw the carbon.

Hucken The Fard Up !
    Yes, the Lampre guys there know how to do it right
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.