Pathlete and Pedalphile

Directv complimentary Universal Sports

For those that have Directv, Universal Sports is free until 5/31.
    If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Radiocorsa or Eurosports are about 100 billion times better.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I spent $13 this month for the SportsPack just to get U-sports to see the Giro. Bah! The Sports Pack is totally worthless otherwise. In retrospect I should have saved my money.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks for the heads up! I try to watch online, but can't always at work. I will DVR the rest of the stages.

Pathlete and Pedalphile
    Now if they would only show it in hi def.
    If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post
    I spent $13 this month for the SportsPack just to get U-sports to see the Giro. Bah! The Sports Pack is totally worthless otherwise. In retrospect I should have saved my money.

you don't think watching the Giro was worth $13?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    You can login to Universal Sports | Year-Round Coverage of Olympic Sports & Athletes using your directv login credentials, and have access to the live stream and replays for free..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by litespeedchick View Post
    you don't think watching the Giro was worth $13?

Easily worth the money. Of course, Universal Sports was free last year. Thank the greed masters at Comcast for turning it into a pay channel that isn't even in HD.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    Sadly, the only way to get USN is to buy the ultimate, most expensive package....which I now have. So my monthly went up from $120 to $160.

I get every single channel now, but still, to get just one channel, it is only offered in one package. I let DirecTV know I wasn't happy about that, but what are you going to do?!?!

Good thing is a DirecTV customer you can stream it online for free also. Just sign into Universal sports online with your DirecTV ID, and you cant watch all the races.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zigmeister View Post
    Sadly, the only way to get USN is to buy the ultimate, most expensive package....which I now have. So my monthly went up from $120 to $160.

I get every single channel now, but still, to get just one channel, it is only offered in one package. I let DirecTV know I wasn't happy about that, but what are you going to do?!?!

Good thing is a DirecTV customer you can stream it online for free also. Just sign into Universal sports online with your DirecTV ID, and you cant watch all the races.
    They oversold you on the package. All you need to get Universal sports is the Sports pack and the smallest package. I pay $100/month, which includes 2 HD DVRs, the Choice Xtra package and the sports package.

If you really watch only one network, you don't need the HD (it's not in HD anyway) and you can get the Entertainment package, which is $30/month for new customers (I don't know how much it is for existing customers, though.) Although you may want the Choice Xtra for NBC Sports (channel 603), because they show the TdF.
    Last edited by gusmahler; 05-25-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Honey Smack!
    Quote Originally Posted by zigmeister View Post

if you are on DirecTV then no...it's only a 10 dollar add on with the Sports Pack.
    I know we just met and this is crazy....