RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004

Garmin/Sharp uniform = Awesome!

Love the new team kit

the fist
    I like it but it is a little strange with a blue front and a white back, IMHO.
    FlexiSexual

Good Person
    I saw it this morning on their Facebook feed. I always like a team jersey matched with black shorts.

Is it just me or does Tyler look a bit skinny?
    I like when you get to that point and I donít know if itís the endorphins kicking in or what, but you realize youíre so far from where you started, that youíre finally really somewhere else, a completely different place.

-Richard Sachs-

"El Bwana"
    Time to ditch the argyle for....houndstooth!
    "Pardon me, but could you help out a fellow American who's down on his luck?"

microdosed sarcasm
    Jul 2010
    Farrar is a toothpick.

Maybe he realized that his best chance at the green jersey is to take points after climbs.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    Mine is already on order from my Sharp Copier rep...delivery date July 24th...

Good Person
    Look's like Tyler plans to serve a different purpose in the Tour this year and only intends to play around in sprints. Working as a domestique for Ryder is going to be his priority this time around.

Video: Farrar Anticipates Tour De France Sprint Stages | Cyclingnews.com
    I like when you get to that point and I donít know if itís the endorphins kicking in or what, but you realize youíre so far from where you started, that youíre finally really somewhere else, a completely different place.

-Richard Sachs-

warrrrrrrgh!!!
    The kid could use a haircut. He looks like a 15 year old from 2003.
    I hate you all

j/k lol kthxbye!

I'm interesting.
    Needs more argyle. It's too subtle.
    "This thread gives me hope that the human race will render itself extinct in my lifetime...." PlatyPius
    "You're not a real cyclist unless you spend money needlessly....." ZoSoSwiM
    "Power is power and it has to be paid for." Alex_Simmons/RST

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by superjesus View Post
    It's too subtle.
    I think that's the point. They're trying to fade it out since it's getting old.

microdosed sarcasm
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by thechriswebb View Post
    Look's like Tyler plans to serve a different purpose in the Tour this year and only intends to play around in sprints. Working as a domestique for Ryder is going to be his priority this time around.

Video: Farrar Anticipates Tour De France Sprint Stages | Cyclingnews.com
    He appears more likable in that interview. At least, I find myself being more able to root for him. Most of his past interviews--that I've seen--have come after losses. So Maybe I haven't seen the best side of him.

The guy looks light in that picture. Really light. Maybe he knows that Cav owns him in the open sprints and has decided to focus on the "harder finishes" that he mentioned in the interview. Of course, both riders are on teams with GC hopes. It will be interesting.

Also, Cav reportedly dropped 4kg. So both guys will be in more difficult finishes that they may not have seen last year. They may both have their sights set on the Olympics, which will include 9 laps of significant climbs.

I'm interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by WAZCO View Post
    Phasing it out is taking a step in the wrong direction, imo. The argyle is and has been their signature. Let everybody else is do the bold horizontal stripe thing. If the argyle is getting old, change up the pattern or the color. There are a lot of options. Plaids and checks are in
    "This thread gives me hope that the human race will render itself extinct in my lifetime...." PlatyPius
    "You're not a real cyclist unless you spend money needlessly....." ZoSoSwiM
    "Power is power and it has to be paid for." Alex_Simmons/RST

RoadBikeReview Member
    The argyle armada was a history. I like their new team kits now.

As for Tyler, I guess he did loose some weight for the mountain stages.
    ďPain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.Ē

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Uha! Baggy shorts!
    Still enough argyle methinks. And it's a classy kit, once again.
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

Good Person
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Hero View Post
    He appears more likable in that interview. At least, I find myself being more able to root for him. Most of his past interviews--that I've seen--have come after losses. So Maybe I haven't seen the best side of him.

The guy looks light in that picture. Really light. Maybe he knows that Cav owns him in the open sprints and has decided to focus on the "harder finishes" that he mentioned in the interview. Of course, both riders are on teams with GC hopes. It will be interesting.

Also, Cav reportedly dropped 4kg. So both guys will be in more difficult finishes that they may not have seen last year. They may both have their sights set on the Olympics, which will include 9 laps of significant climbs.
    Yeah, it looks like Cav and Farrar are going the exact same route this year as Cav has also said that his objective for the Tour is to work for Wiggins and do the Olympics later. Perhaps neither of them will be protagonists in the sprints this year and it will be the Greipel, Kittel, Goss, Sagan show. I would actually really appreciate seeing those two come into this Tour lean and intent on burning themselves out working for their team leaders.

-Richard Sachs-

Masters Neophyte
    Looks sharp! (forgive me- it was too easy)
    It really does though.
    I will miss the argyle however. It was different and interesting.
    Capt Willard: "Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WAZCO View Post
    I think they just bring it in and out as they want.

The 2011 Garmin-Cervelo had very little argyle (only on the sleeves). Then there was the Tour edition white kit that had loads of argyle. That kit then morphed into the 2012 Garmin Barracuda design, and this is just another, more subtle, version of that.
    Laterally stiff yet vertically compliant.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    I think the kit looks too much like late-90's US postal for my taste.
    Bring back the Blue and orange argyle please