RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010

How is that prime time version of the TDF vs the live version

Family, training and work (In my personal priority there) don't leave a lot of time to watch, even with the DVR.

How is the shortened version?

I like to see the crashes and attacks to a certain extent, but it's not required viewing.
    It's a fire road.............
    I'm on a road bike..........

They have enough in common to blast down it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    I prefer the live version, but just barely. Prime time is definitely worth watching. By evening, analysts have edited out most of the uninteresting stuff, which is an advantage.

off the back
    I've only seen the first stage's prime time show, and generally don't watch them, preferring the live coverage DVR's, but this was surprisingly good. A minimum of studio talking heads, and no travelogues, human interest, feel-good stories, just coverage of the racing. A huge change from the early years of OLN/Versus coverage. Looks like they've finally learned something.
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

KWL
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
    I prefer the live version, but just barely. Prime time is definitely worth watching. By evening, analysts have edited out most of the uninteresting stuff, which is an advantage.
    This ^^^. Live (digital access) doesn't offer much analysis and no Bobke, whose comments I find strangely interesting.
    Ken
    Ladonna Batiste-Williams: I married a goddam musician, Aint no way to make that $#!↑ right.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have to admit I kinds miss those "distractions". I even miss the commercials. Oh how I even miss "Born from jets". Watching the live coverage kinda sucks. I mean how interesting is it really watching guys ride a bike for six hours? I've given up watching it live and watch the stage replay; even then I just bypass everything until the last 45 mins. I don't care what others say but Phil and Paul makes watching the Tour more bareable for me.
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

AM999's Liberal Facist

Re: How is that prime time version of the TDF vs the live version

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I've only seen the first stage's prime time show, and generally don't watch them, preferring the live coverage DVR's, but this was surprisingly good. A minimum of studio talking heads, and no travelogues, human interest, feel-good stories, just coverage of the racing. A huge change from the early years of OLN/Versus coverage. Looks like they've finally learned something.
    You mean the replay on TV removes all the official picture in picture official TdF interviews and history segments?
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Primetime has Ask bobke really cool, live has a history lesson of europe. i like both but live takes alot of time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    About 2 years ago, Phil and Paul were talking about a costal village that had fine shrimp, which pollutants had endangered. A bike race and I was learning something.