Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Odds...

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Kestreljr 
#1 ·
What odds do you all give for Tommy Danielson to be riding for a top level pro team next year at this time?

#7 ·
Eh. I think TD will turn into a nice super-domestique. I suspect he just doesn't have the psyche to be a team leader, but if the pressure's off I bet he'd ride his legs off for someone else.

Anyway, how old is he now? He could always come back to domestic racing and take over where Scott Moninger left off.

#8 ·
magnolialover said:
What odds do you all give for Tommy Danielson to be riding for a top level pro team next year at this time?
I guess it all depends on what you count as "top level." I don't see why a ProTour or second level team would bother. He's either been injured or under achieving for the last five years, which isn't a great return on investment.

#9 ·
Goodbye Slipstream. Hello Rock Racing.

#11 ·
TD is still young, he just needs more experience.

There isn't a big enough eye-rolling icon to do that oft-uttered sentence justice.

#12 ·
I heard...

Pablo said:
Goodbye Slipstream. Hello Rock Racing.
I heard a funny story from someone who is friends with one of TD's former teammates.

Apparently this former teammate was rooming with TD at a training camp, and every night, he was listening and watching self improvement tapes, sort of like Stuart Smalley, and making positive affirmations for himself like:

"I will win the Tour de France! I WILL WIN the Tour de France!"

Finally, said former teammate snapped one night, and yelled at him, "Dude, you can't win the Tour de France if you never START and or FINISH the Tour de France!!"

Ah good times.

Good chance though that he'll end up back racing for Rock Racing, and or BMC Racing...

#14 ·
Nah..

Mosovich said:
he's racing, and we're just wishing we were..:eek:
Nah, not me. I've seen what trying to race like a pro is like, and I already know that I don't have it to be at that level, even at a low level and all. Life of a pro bike racer, for the most part, stinks. Drugs. Pressure to perform. Low pay. No insurance. And so on.

TD can have it. I just hope his wife makes more than he does. She seems to race better.

#15 ·
magnolialover said:
Nah, not me. I've seen what trying to race like a pro is like, and I already know that I don't have it to be at that level, even at a low level and all. Life of a pro bike racer, for the most part, stinks. Drugs. Pressure to perform. Low pay. No insurance. And so on.

TD can have it. I just hope his wife makes more than he does. She seems to race better.
Be that as it may, I'd give my left one to be able to ride at his level. He would utterly smoke the vast majority of people that call themselves cyclists.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.