Fix Altitude in My Tracks

Opinions - Strategic Bike [style] Changes During Race stages

Didn't see anything on the forum about this so here goes...

I don't like them, that is bike changes from one kind of bike to another like they do on some time trials. Sure if you have a mechanical issue then I see how a bike change might be OK as long as it's the same style bike. Yes someone could fake a mechanical and grab another drop bar bike from the team car and accomplish a beneficial gearing change but changing from a drop bar traditional road bike to a TT machine (or vice versa) is BS in my book no matter what the rules say. Some might argue any bike change should be forbidden as in fix it or your done. I could see that too but am OK with like-for-like swaps.

So the way I see it you should have to make a bike type choice and stick with it for the stage. Wheel changes for flats and like-for-like bike swaps, but that's it.

What's your thoughts?
    Altitude Retriever corrects the altitude in your My Tracks tracks and GPX files. Bummed out by how far off the GPS altitude is on your device? Let the Altitude Retriever fetch for out.
    Get it on Google Play!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMike View Post
    Didn't see anything on the forum about this so here goes...

I don't like them, that is bike changes from one kind of bike to another like they do on some time trials. Sure if you have a mechanical issue then I see how a bike change might be OK as long as it's the same style bike. Yes someone could fake a mechanical and grab another drop bar bike from the team car and accomplish a beneficial gearing change but changing from a drop bar traditional road bike to a TT machine (or vice versa) is BS in my book no matter what the rules say. Some might argue any bike change should be forbidden as in fix it or your done. I could see that too but am OK with like-for-like swaps.

So the way I see it you should have to make a bike type choice and stick with it for the stage. Wheel changes for flats and like-for-like bike swaps, but that's it.

What's your thoughts?
    I personally think it's really interesting, I love the added strategic element of how much time can be gained with a TT bike compared to the time lost in the swap. It's almost like a pit stop in Formula 1, the teams have clearly been practicing and gotten the change down to under 10 seconds. I can see why some people don't like it, though.