Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Person

Tour of Switzerland (Spoiler)

I like when you get to that point and I donít know if itís the endorphins kicking in or what, but you realize youíre so far from where you started, that youíre finally really somewhere else, a completely different place.

-Richard Sachs-

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thechriswebb View Post
    nice job by Levi, didn't think he could pull it off, but it would have been nice to see him attack and win a stage or put some serious time into Cunego during mountain stages. Let's hope for good things for Levi and Horner during TdF.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005
    I figured Levi would move onto the podium, but I never imagine Cunego could lost that much time. Kudos to Levi, big win for him.

Good Person
    I know that Cunego was worried about it. He has been saying for a few days that he was worried about Leipheimer in the final TT and has been frustrated that he couldn't put more time into him in the mountain stages.

By the way, Radioshack looks very good this year.
    I like when you get to that point and I donít know if itís the endorphins kicking in or what, but you realize youíre so far from where you started, that youíre finally really somewhere else, a completely different place.

-Richard Sachs-

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Congrats to Levi, but boy is he a boring rider to watch. Tactically it works for him, it's just kind of painful to watch.

Are we witnessing the first ever Tour de France for Mr. Tom Danielson? A very surprising 5th in the TT and 9th overall. Had it not been for that untimely mechanical, he may have even been able to challenge the top 5. He was fun to watch in stage 7, just kept attacking.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    [QUOTE=coop;3407696]Congrats to Levi, but boy is he a boring rider to watch. Tactically it works for him, it's just kind of painful to watch.

I dunno about that..boring to watch. Watching someone win is always pretty interesting...even if they win with whatever it takes to do it...like whatever is required.

Sure, it's fun to watch 'flashy' guys win with big ol' attacks. But if you can win it, you do it in the way that best suits your own strengths...Good stage racers have good skills at time trials..... Time trials are not the most exciting thing for specatators. But time trials do win stage races, and that is what we're talking here.

The Schleck boys...are they sandbagging?

Get me to In&Out
    I don't think they are sandbagging. I just think they haven't bothered learning anything from Spartacus. It was awesome watching the race against the clock tear Cunego apart. Leopard/Trek might have burned a bridge for no reason yesterday with their stunt to get Frank third overall for less than 24 hours.
    Cyclists really need to learn a little Rule #5.

Good Person
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyload View Post
    I don't think they are sandbagging. I just think they haven't bothered learning anything from Spartacus. It was awesome watching the race against the clock tear Cunego apart. Leopard/Trek might have burned a bridge for no reason yesterday with their stunt to get Frank third overall for less than 24 hours.
    I agree about yesterday's stunt. Seems a little hypocritical....

-Richard Sachs-

JSR
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    RadioShack would seem to be going into the TdF with guns a-blazin'. Depending on who they bring to the dance they have four or five top-ten candidates (Horner, Leipheimer, Jani, Klodi, the Portugese climbing guy), plus the Robbies for entertainment value.

The big question will be whether JB can forge all that talent into something useful.

JSR

Climbin' Clyde
    Hooray for our Home Town Hero Levi. I agree with both of youze - he can be boring to watch, but he knows what he's doing, riding to his strengths and always thinking about the bottom line: how can I win this overall? Hoping the Shack is not going to pull a classic Telekom and show up in July with a roster of talented riders all battling - each other. I think they're too mature and friendly for that. "Portuguese climbing guy" - Tiago Machado? I'm counting on him to be their Vino, stirring things up with wild attacks here and there. Horner says he's only intimidated by Contador and Andy in the climbs - I sure hope its true.

JSR
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sablotny View Post
    "Portuguese climbing guy" - Tiago Machado?
    That's the one. Thanks. He has a pretty good TT, too.

JSR

classiquesklassieker
    What's up with Levi Leipheimer refusing to attend the post-race conference?

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...inal-tt_179291

Leipheimer, who refused to attend a post-race press conference, added: ďI had good days and bad days this week. It was a very hard Tour of Switzerland.Ē

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by orange_julius View Post
    What's up with Levi Leipheimer refusing to attend the post-race conference?
    Plane to catch?

Quote Originally Posted by spookyload View Post
    After today, I wonder if they actually were riding for Fuglsang. If not, they should have been.

the fist
    Really happy with this result!

Way to go LL!
    FlexiSexual

RoadBikeReview Member
    I shall never understand why this little guy gets so little love. Compare his palmares to ...Oh, I don't know, crybaby Andy Schleck maybe?

Well done, Levi! You're a winner, a professional, and a gentleman.
    Dino

...What's keeping that asteroid?

Good Person
    Quote Originally Posted by Italophile View Post
    I shall never understand why this little guy gets so little love. Compare his palmares to ...Oh, I don't know, crybaby Andy Schleck maybe?

Agreed.

-Richard Sachs-

vexatious enigma

I thought it was a good show of sportsmanship when he hugged Cunego and said something like sorry man.

I also thought it was funny when Cunego sat down and started to unzip, sees the camera lets out a shocked little noise and moves the camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddio
    Unlike Roebuck, you do "do" people.
    Maybe Judas did it for a Klondike bar.

Life in the fast lane with no brakes

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Anyone notice those extra short tailed helmets Garmin riders were using during the TT?

Not Banned

yes

he's not an explosive climber, he never will be

he hangs on and makes time where he can and gets results

I don't find it boring watching him kill himself trying to mitigate his losses on the climbs so he can crush folks in the TT

well done Mr L, well done
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Great job by LL, he did the best he could with the tools he had. But there will be more and bigger mountains in the Tour, so for me he's not a contender.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baker921 View Post
    Great job by LL, he did the best he could with the tools he had. But there will be more and bigger mountains in the Tour, so for me he's not a contender.
    There's also only one ITT and it's at the end of the race. The Tour route this year is better suited to Horner and Jani than Levi or Kloden.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    Any videos.

your text here
    Quote Originally Posted by hansonator69 View Post
    Anyone notice those extra short tailed helmets Garmin riders were using during the TT?
    a few other teams have designs like that. my guess is k-wing ideas. a lil less weight and might be more balanced. im sure when the tour starts up there will be more tech talk.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

your text here
    i dont see levi as a three week rider. his time for that was when he was surrounded by less-than-stellar talent at gerolstiener. and armstrong was still racing. i still feel bad for him for the time vino snatched some points on an intermediate sprint on the road into paris, stealing the 5th spot from levi.

sad trombone.

i do like seeing levi and horner working together.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

Not Banned

I've said for years

Quote Originally Posted by weltyed View Post
    i dont see levi as a three week rider. his time for that was when he was surrounded by less-than-stellar talent at gerolstiener. and armstrong was still racing. i still feel bad for him for the time vino snatched some points on an intermediate sprint on the road into paris, stealing the 5th spot from levi.

sad trombone.

i do like seeing levi and horner working together.
    he should focus on key 1 week races and make that his career
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast