RoadBikeReview Member

UCI studying full-face helmets for descents.

UCI tech commission studying full-face helmets for road descents

Due to increasingly high speeds and the poor braking provided by carbon fiber rims, the UCI’s technical commission is studying the practicality of applying full-face helmets to road racing. According to VeloNews sources, the commission is concerned that helmets without face protection do not provide enough impact security in the event of a high-speed crash.
    “I, for one, do not welcome this,” said Tour contender Andy Schleck. “As I said last summer, I do not think a race should be decided on the downhill. More protection will make other riders take more risks, and go even faster. This is no good for me.”

“I would prefer that we just race up, and shuttle down,” he added. “Then, at the bottom, they let us go with the same time gap. The uphill is real racing, not this gravity nonsense.”
    teehee

The Slow One.
    That Dribbly Fresh always gets the scoop on the other cycling news outlets. I couldn't find this anywhere else on the interweb. Scoop!

Milk was a bad choice.
    Sadly, I don't think Andy's quotes were fabricated for the article.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    About time that someone took the appropriate steps towards serving the best interest of the sport.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004

4/1

This gotta be an april fools? I didn't even waste my time clicking on the link.

Cheers! ha ha