Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    The "time trial" code works repeatedly.

Matnlely Dregaend
    Until it tells you that you've entered all the code words.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Stage 4 word of the day is "born from jets".

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by frankobones
    i won a team discovery key chain in '06 but none of the shops i tried to redeem the prize at participated in the program because they said it was a waste of their time since no one ever wins. go figure.
    i just realized i had my contests mixed up, that was the old trek/bob roll contest. hope i didn't get anyones hopes up.

RoadBikeReview Member

well

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Foot
    Stage 4 word of the day is "born from jets".

Stage 5 is "born from jets"........i missed stage 4
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    "Efficiency" was the Stage 4 code. Also for that day, "Hammering" was the bicycling.com code.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Anyone win anything yet. So far, I've been able to get the "sorry, try again" every time

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    "Sprint" was the Stage 6 code and "First Class" was that day's Bicycling.com code.

"Podium" was today's Stage 7 code and "Musette" was the Bicycling.com code.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    * I saw "time bonus" on Bicycle.com earlier. It works multiple times like "time trial".

Compiled list from entried so far...

acceleration aerodynamic alps attack
    bicycling "born from jets" breakaway brittany
    cadence cervelo climb descent
    drafting echelon efficiency "feed zone"
    "first class" fly gap gear
    "general classification" "green jersey" hammering "heart rate"
    "high road" hydration ignition musette
    paris peloton performance podium
    "polka dot jersey" power RPM SAAB
    saddle shift slipstream sportcombi
    sprint "team car" "time bonus" * "time trial" *
    tour turb versus "white jersey"
    "yellow jersey"
    Last edited by ssm10; 07-11-2008 at 04:20 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    "Jet Inspired" was the Stage 8 code word. I didn't see anything on Bicycling.com, so perhaps they realized that they posted two codes yesterday.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008

winners list

per the official rules

15. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (midnight July 27th) and no later than October 31, 2008. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: "E – Fly to the Finish, Winner List Request," to WinListRequests@eprizefulfillment.com.

per the rules this is only open to the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
    hopefully a winner will be posted that is close to somebody here so we can see if its real.

the instant win game isnt even based on the chance of the spin, its based on a time.

Instant Win Game: Thirty (30) random, computer-generated winning times, one per day for each prize listed below, will be generated during the Promotion Period. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated.

so if the time for the day is 11 o'clock at night you dont even have a chance any time before that......

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Interesting info about the winning times... Thanks! The following are the codes I got so far... does anyone have the missing widget & bicycling.com codes?

Date ; Versus ; Bicycling ; Widget
    7.5.08 - Stage 1 ; Saab ; ;
    7.6.08 - Stage 2 ; Echelon ; ;
    7.7.08 - Stage 3 ; Aerodynamic ; ;
    7.8.08 - Stage 4 ; Efficiency ; Hammering ;
    7.9.08 - Stage 5 ; Born From Jets ; ;
    7.10.08 -Stage 6 ; Sprint ; First Class ; General Classification
    7.11.08 – Stage 7 ; Podium ; Musette ; Swede
    7.12.08 – Stage 8 ; Jet Inspired ; ; Slipstream
    7.13.08 – Stage 9 ; ; ; Hanging On

Dirty. Nerdy. Unemployed.
    Stage 9 - versus - descent

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2003
    7/14 bicycling.com- ascent, widget- drafting, versuswap.com- breakaway
    7/15 bicycling.com- Domestique, widget- Heart Rate, versuswap.com-
    7/16 vs- bicycling, widget- slope, bicycling.com- supersonic
    7/17
    7/18 bicycling.com- Tour, widget- Power and Control, vs-
    7/19
    7/20
    7/21 vs- performance, widget- disc wheel, bicycling.com- chasers, email- chase
    Last edited by wmichladiesman; 07-21-2008 at 06:40 AM.

Dirty. Nerdy. Unemployed.
    Oh what trash. The wheel stopped on 'polka dot jersey and bike' for half a second then moved to the try again position.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008

not a very fun contest

They could give out more prizes or more free spins. I entered every single one of the valid codes today and didn't get anything, not even a free spin. I always hate these flash based spin things because they aren't truly random...there's a set spin number or login that awards prizes, otherwise they would be giving away too much stuff for free.

Coffee Lover
    "Sorry, Try Again"
    Insanity = Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result.
    Has anyone gotten anything playing the game? I'm 0-fer so far.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart
    "Sorry, Try Again"
    Insanity = Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result.
    Has anyone gotten anything playing the game? I'm 0-fer so far.
    yup...the contest really sucks.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008

once again, nothing

2 more tries, 2 more fails. They could at least have some kind of secondary sweepstakes by having all your tries be thrown into a hat...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008

Prizes One per day for the instant game July 21st includes a bike.

Instant Win Game prizes: i) TWENTY-THREE (23) PHASE ONE PRIZES (one per day from June 28-July 12, July 16-July 19 and July 24-July 27, 2008): Yellow Jersey. Jersey may be signed. Sponsors will determine the size of the jersey and the person that will sign it (if applicable) in their sole discretion. ARV: $50. ii) FIVE (5) PHASE TWO PRIZE (one per day on July 13, 14, 20, 22, & 23, 2008): Polka Dot Jersey. Jersey may be signed. Sponsors will determine the size of the jersey and the person that will sign it (if applicable) in their sole discretion. ARV: $140. iii) TWO (2) PHASE THREE PRIZES (one per day on July 15th and July 21st, 2008): Polka Dot Jersey and Cervélo SLC-SL Bicycle. Jersey may be signed.

So DON'T expect to win putting in a code every day I noticed about 90 people looking at the thread.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    I just want the Saab. A cervelo would be pretty nice, too, but the Saab is all I want. Entering every code word at once would be just fine to me.

Shirtcocker
    anyone have stage 10 on?
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    I watched Stage 10 several times and never saw the code word. Generally they put it up 2 or 3 times during the stage, but if they did that on Stage 10, I managed to miss it over and over and over! I wasn't ever watching without distraction, so maybe I did keep missing it--still, it seems to me unlikely; I'm wondering if they even had one that day. Or maybe they only put it up in the first couple of hours that morning--remember, that was one of those days where the first airing is really long and where later airings cut out the first couple hours of the first airing.

Josh

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by jladams97
    I watched Stage 10 several times and never saw the code word. Generally they put it up 2 or 3 times during the stage, but if they did that on Stage 10, I managed to miss it over and over and over! I wasn't ever watching without distraction, so maybe I did keep missing it--still, it seems to me unlikely; I'm wondering if they even had one that day. Or maybe they only put it up in the first couple of hours that morning--remember, that was one of those days where the first airing is really long and where later airings cut out the first couple hours of the first airing.

Josh
    probably the one that you could get the car for. they show it once during some boring commercial segment that most of us skipped.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Power and Control
    Pack
    Jet Inspired
    Off the Back
    Gradient
    Chasers
    Energy
    Disc Wheel
    Bobke
    Champagne