Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

2008 SAAB Fly to the Finish code words thread

38K views 55 replies 32 participants last post by  Lord krankenstein 
#1 · (Edited)
Here was 2007. I suspect as previous years, they will be close to the same. (But I don't see stage 1 word on the 2007 list.. )

7.5.08 - Stage 1 = "SAAB"
7.6.08 - Stage 2 = "ECHELON"
7.7.08 - Stage 3 = "AERODYNAMIC"
7.8.08 - Stage 4 = "EFFICIENCY"
7.9.08 - Stage 5 = "BORN FROM JETS"
7.10.08 -Stage 6 = "SPRINT"
7.11.08 -Stage 7 = "PODIUM"
7.12.08 -Stage 8 = "JET INSPIRED"
7.13.08 -Stage 9 = "DESCENT"
7.14.08 - Rest = "

looks like we blew it this year..

Here is last years list.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=99967&highlight=flytothefinish

Unofficial word list from below:

RPM
breakaway
drafting
feed zone
genenral classification
turbo
peloton
yellow jersey
white jersey
sprint
climb
cadence
green jersey
gear
shift
tour
paris
time trial
team car
performance
efficiency
versus
born from jets
cervelo
acceleration
slipstream
saddle
attack
Ignition
brittany
descent
heart rate
power
gap
alps

See less See more
#27 ·
Until it tells you that you've entered all the code words.

#34 · (Edited)
* I saw "time bonus" on Bicycle.com earlier. It works multiple times like "time trial".

Compiled list from entried so far...

acceleration aerodynamic alps attack
bicycling "born from jets" breakaway brittany
cadence cervelo climb descent
drafting echelon efficiency "feed zone"
"first class" fly gap gear
"general classification" "green jersey" hammering "heart rate"
"high road" hydration ignition musette
paris peloton performance podium
"polka dot jersey" power RPM SAAB
saddle shift slipstream sportcombi
sprint "team car" "time bonus" * "time trial" *
tour turb versus "white jersey"
"yellow jersey"

#36 ·
winners list

per the official rules

15. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (midnight July 27th) and no later than October 31, 2008. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: "E – Fly to the Finish, Winner List Request," to WinListRequests@eprizefulfillment.com.

per the rules this is only open to the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
hopefully a winner will be posted that is close to somebody here so we can see if its real.

the instant win game isnt even based on the chance of the spin, its based on a time.

Instant Win Game: Thirty (30) random, computer-generated winning times, one per day for each prize listed below, will be generated during the Promotion Period. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated.

so if the time for the day is 11 o'clock at night you dont even have a chance any time before that......:rolleyes:

#37 ·
Interesting info about the winning times... Thanks! :) The following are the codes I got so far... does anyone have the missing widget & bicycling.com codes?

Date ; Versus ; Bicycling ; Widget
7.5.08 - Stage 1 ; Saab ; ;
7.6.08 - Stage 2 ; Echelon ; ;
7.7.08 - Stage 3 ; Aerodynamic ; ;
7.8.08 - Stage 4 ; Efficiency ; Hammering ;
7.9.08 - Stage 5 ; Born From Jets ; ;
7.10.08 -Stage 6 ; Sprint ; First Class ; General Classification
7.11.08 – Stage 7 ; Podium ; Musette ; Swede
7.12.08 – Stage 8 ; Jet Inspired ; ; Slipstream
7.13.08 – Stage 9 ; ; ; Hanging On

#39 · (Edited)
7/14 bicycling.com- ascent, widget- drafting, versuswap.com- breakaway
7/15 bicycling.com- Domestique, widget- Heart Rate, versuswap.com-
7/16 vs- bicycling, widget- slope, bicycling.com- supersonic
7/17
7/18 bicycling.com- Tour, widget- Power and Control, vs-
7/19
7/20
7/21 vs- performance, widget- disc wheel, bicycling.com- chasers, email- chase

#41 ·
not a very fun contest

They could give out more prizes or more free spins. I entered every single one of the valid codes today and didn't get anything, not even a free spin. I always hate these flash based spin things because they aren't truly random...there's a set spin number or login that awards prizes, otherwise they would be giving away too much stuff for free.

#43 ·
Dart said:
"Sorry, Try Again"
Insanity = Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result.
Has anyone gotten anything playing the game? I'm 0-fer so far.
yup...the contest really sucks.

#45 ·
Prizes One per day for the instant game July 21st includes a bike.

Instant Win Game prizes: i) TWENTY-THREE (23) PHASE ONE PRIZES (one per day from June 28-July 12, July 16-July 19 and July 24-July 27, 2008): Yellow Jersey. Jersey may be signed. Sponsors will determine the size of the jersey and the person that will sign it (if applicable) in their sole discretion. ARV: $50. ii) FIVE (5) PHASE TWO PRIZE (one per day on July 13, 14, 20, 22, & 23, 2008): Polka Dot Jersey. Jersey may be signed. Sponsors will determine the size of the jersey and the person that will sign it (if applicable) in their sole discretion. ARV: $140. iii) TWO (2) PHASE THREE PRIZES (one per day on July 15th and July 21st, 2008): Polka Dot Jersey and Cervélo SLC-SL Bicycle. Jersey may be signed.

So DON'T expect to win putting in a code every day I noticed about 90 people looking at the thread.

#48 ·
I watched Stage 10 several times and never saw the code word. Generally they put it up 2 or 3 times during the stage, but if they did that on Stage 10, I managed to miss it over and over and over! I wasn't ever watching without distraction, so maybe I did keep missing it--still, it seems to me unlikely; I'm wondering if they even had one that day. Or maybe they only put it up in the first couple of hours that morning--remember, that was one of those days where the first airing is really long and where later airings cut out the first couple hours of the first airing.

Josh

#49 ·
jladams97 said:
I watched Stage 10 several times and never saw the code word. Generally they put it up 2 or 3 times during the stage, but if they did that on Stage 10, I managed to miss it over and over and over! I wasn't ever watching without distraction, so maybe I did keep missing it--still, it seems to me unlikely; I'm wondering if they even had one that day. Or maybe they only put it up in the first couple of hours that morning--remember, that was one of those days where the first airing is really long and where later airings cut out the first couple hours of the first airing.

Josh
probably the one that you could get the car for. they show it once during some boring commercial segment that most of us skipped. :D

#51 ·
Has anyone won? Yep!

jsedlak said:
Has anyone ever won anything from this?
My brother "Mr Lucky" won the yellow jersey yesterday! grrr he wins everything! But they sent him the confirmation email and told him it would come in 8-10 weeks and it was the contest runners descrestion on who would sign it.... so I just wanted to let everyone know that people do win, cuz I know alot of my friends who think no one ever does...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.