Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by harlond View Post
    I wonder when Rabobank is going to be over Gesink? I know I am.
    guy is 25 though.
    want to see leipheimers results from that part of his career?
    Blows your hair back.

Good Person
    Quote Originally Posted by den bakker View Post
    guy is 25 though.
    He has ten or more good years of racing ahead of him. He is just coming into his prime.
    I like when you get to that point and I donít know if itís the endorphins kicking in or what, but you realize youíre so far from where you started, that youíre finally really somewhere else, a completely different place.

-Richard Sachs-

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by den bakker View Post
    guy is 25 though.
    Fair enough, I accept that I was being unfair. But to quibble a bit, I'm not sure the comparison to Levi is valid; Levi was 28 years old before anybody gave him a chance at leadership. Gesink has been getting the leading role for quite some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by thechriswebb View Post
    He has ten or more good years of racing ahead of him. He is just coming into his prime.
    Fair enough.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by harlond View Post
    Fair enough, I accept that I was being unfair. But to quibble a bit, I'm not sure the comparison to Levi is valid; Levi was 28 years old before anybody gave him a chance at leadership. Gesink has been getting the leading role for quite some time now.
    and speaking of fair: 3 gt top 10, podium in amstel, second in tirreno-adriatico, third in tour de basque country, other top 10s in the classics.
    Blows your hair back.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyload View Post
    That is what I saw too. He was swinging right to come around and didn't bother to look who was there. Pitty for the other rider. Cunego riding like a spanish domestique there.
    Watched it again on Youtube. It's Iglinsky who moves one wheel to the right and basically shoulders the much smaller Cunego out of control.
    Superb blocking move, huh?
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    On the Sky site, Nordhaug says that one of Gasparotto's team mates bumped Cunego, and Cunego bounced off and hit Nordhaug. So, not so much Cunego's fault.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Yes. I watched the incident a couple of times last night, That bump Iglinsky does is not very subtle, and it secures a podium spot for the team.
    Last edited by kbwh; 04-16-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: typo
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    I was soooo pulling for Sagan....good win for Gasparotto though after years of spear work.
    Last edited by cyclusaddictus; 04-16-2012 at 06:56 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    just imagine how Sagan will be in the coming years if he's knocking on the doors of these races already. That guy has a lot of talent
    Ride More Talk Less
    - Caletti Cycles Custom Steel
    - 11 Nashbar Steel CX
    Terminal Pholocity

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12