Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hucken The Fard Up !

Amstel Gold 2012 spoilers

Watching it now on Rai Sport Due.

We are having right now the review of all last italian wins, and then now the direct.

Who do you think will win now that Gilbert is not the main favorite ?

maybe Joaquín Rodriguez or Oscarito ? Cadel Evans ? Van Avermaet ?
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

Hucken The Fard Up !
    there is a live stream here http://www.amstelgoldrace.nl/live but doens't work in Switzerland, maybe you can see it in the US ?
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

Hucken The Fard Up !
    very interesting, they broadcasted now the Amstel preparation ride of the Liquigas team with Nibali and Sagan, and there were so many amateurs riding along with them very nice, this year I plan to go there for the worlds.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Watching in Flemish, none of the Eurosport feeds are working. They all say "Try again in a few moments".

The roads are tiny, it's like the Tour de France on a sidewalk. The peloton is strung out in a line because there's no room to bunch up. Beautiful countryside though.
    I just started watching as the entire peloton decided to take off their jackets at once. They must have some unspoken agreement as everyone slowed down and sent their domestiques back to the team cars with jackets and armwarmers.
    One guy had a big load of stuff that he dropped off and as he was riding back to the group he noticed he still had someone's long sleeve jersey under his back pocket. He looks around, team car nowhere in sight, so he tosses it on the side of the road! Nice score for a spectator.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Found the French feed, at last something I can understand...somewhat.

Hucken The Fard Up !
    yes there are some very narrow and broken country roads.

The riders were expressing worry about the wind, looks like conditions will be very windy specially at the end of the race.

Hucken The Fard Up !
    9 men break has 4:30 minutes on the bunch.

Hucken The Fard Up !
    20K to go, Sagan, Van Avermaet, Gilbert, Frank Schleck on the head group

Hucken The Fard Up !
    Gesink dropped

Hucken The Fard Up !
    9K to go, Sagan and Voeckler attack !

Hucken The Fard Up !
    Last Km, Freire attacking and Terspstra following.

Hucken The Fard Up !
    Vamos Oscarito !!!!!!

Hucken The Fard Up !
    Cunego Crashes, Terspstra caught

Hucken The Fard Up !
    Sagan caughts Freire

Gasparoto wins

Hucken The Fard Up !
    Sagan 3rd
    Vanendert 2nd
    Freire 4th

Gilbert attacked at the end but was caught and dropped by Sagan,Vanendert and Gasparoto

Gasparotto saying that if Sagan hadn't crashed last week they would not have been able to beat him.
    Last edited by Salsa_Lover; 04-15-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Only spoiled little princes make moves like that and badmouth the guy they've ruined the race for afterwards. Impressive.
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

Hucken The Fard Up !
    Quote Originally Posted by kbwh View Post
    Only spoiled little princes make moves like that and badmouth the guy they've ruined the race for afterwards. Impressive.
    In fact he was praising Sagan.

Gilbert attacked and then Sagan went and dropped Gilber, with Gasparotto and Vanendert on his wheel

Sagan was blown with some 10 meters to go and then Gasparotto and Vanendert could pass him.

Gasparotto was acknowledging that Sagan was the strongest, and had he (Sagan) not crashed last week he would have taken the win.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Ah. I meant Cunego. Sorry.
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

What it is
    I watched the last 50K of the race. Those ...bergs were very steep and narrow.

What caused the crash on the last climb?

Good Person
    Tommy V isn't doing too badly in the classics.
    I like when you get to that point and I don’t know if it’s the endorphins kicking in or what, but you realize you’re so far from where you started, that you’re finally really somewhere else, a completely different place.

-Richard Sachs-

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Quote Originally Posted by KenS View Post
    What caused the crash on the last climb?
    To me it looked like Cunego tried to ride through Nordhaug.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Salsa_Lover View Post
    Gilbert attacked at the end but was caught and dropped
    He must have blown really bad, or maybe missed shift, he almost stopped before he went out of camera range.
    Too bad Friere didnt win, you wouldn't expect a solo from him.

Get me to In&Out
    Quote Originally Posted by kbwh View Post
    To me it looked like Cunego tried to ride through Nordhaug.
    That is what I saw too. He was swinging right to come around and didn't bother to look who was there. Pitty for the other rider. Cunego riding like a spanish domestique there.
    Cyclists really need to learn a little Rule #5.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Loved the uphill finish. That's my favorite finish this year so far.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Salsa_Lover View Post
    Gesink dropped
    I wonder when Rabobank is going to be over Gesink? I know I am.

I'm probably being unfair, but oh well. Also, not much of a showing from Valverde and Sanchez.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast