RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011

I'm afraid the end is near....

While I love chatting it up about pro cycling with you guys, I can't help but feel like we might be done doing that soon. It seems like it has been pretty dead around here for a while. Outside of the season build up (new kits and bikes, etc.) and TdF time, there just isn't much conversation going on anymore (at least it looks that way to me). I am seriously considering moving my pro cycling online discussions over to the cyclingnews.com forums, where there seems to be a lot more activity/interaction and then just frequenting RBR for our velogames competitions and related smack talk, etc. Anyone else active over there? If so, what are your thoughts?

Furthermore, I think I might be done with online bike forums outside of talking about the pros. I guess I am finding that I'm not really enjoying discussing bikes and riding on here anymore either for a number of reasons and I think I prefer to have those conversations face to face with people in my community at this point. So, maybe my RBR experience has run its course in some way. Anyone else finding themselves in this same boat?
    Last edited by Rashadabd; 1 Week Ago at 12:41 PM.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Forums work ok for me, at least the CW police don't have to show up as much at the coffee shop.
    BANNED

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Yep. I'm happy with the gear that I own and don't see the need for a substantial investment in more gear for the foreseeable future...which is why I presume many people use this site, as well as the rest in the Consumer Review network. Most of my posts are in the off-topic forums, without which this site would probably fizzle into nothing. I wish I understood professional cycling and was able to properly follow it closer than "Oh, NBC Sports is showing cycling, I'll watch it for half an hour or so."
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member
    I basically just post here and rarely venture into any of the other forums here.
    Otherwise facebook is where I talk cycling either on pages like cyclingnews or velo news or a few cycling groups I belong to, which are all Spanish groups. At least they are nice enough to understand my Spanish is terrible and don't mind my posting in English.
    If you're at a different forum, post a link so I can join you over there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've haven't had time to really pay attention to the races this year nor do much biking.

But I do read every post you make in the Trades thread.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Rashadabd - I always enjoy reading your posts - good luck to you. Stay safe!

Adorable Furry Hombre
    I spend more time on BikeForums than over here...RBR has been dying a slow death for a few years now.
    "‘Photograph me on horseback,’ wrote Teddy Roosevelt in 1908. ‘Tennis, no. And golf is fatal.’ "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I have been trying the Cyclingnews forums and, to be honest, I haven't been enjoying it much. It might be too busy for me, as in I can't keep up with all of the conversations and debates. I also have no idea who these people are, etc. (which made me appreciate some of the history we have here). I am going to give it a bit longer or maybe try BikeForums, but maybe I've been here so long at this point that it's either here or nothing (which could also be a legitimate option at this point). We'll see, but I think I prefer RBR to Cyclingnews as of now. Hopefully, we get some new blood and/or things pick back up here as the season rolls around, etc...
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    The small group we have here is nice, because we do know each other and can have some fun. We also know each other well enough to know when someone in venting or upset as well.
    I did join cyclingnews forums as well. Yeah, it's definitely busy.

Not Banned
    it's the tail of the season. I find the same thing though in the cx forum. People will discuss equipment and local races but when you bring up the big races in Europe people don't seem to talk much
    I am here more during the classics than any other season. Losing Boonen and Fabian has killed some of that impetus until new guys step up
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    yes, and I think this should be in the politics forum!
    BANNED