RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010

Lelangue Leaves BMC

"For personal reasons". Yeah right.

Frankly I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. BMC has consistently underperformed this year. How many races has their World Champion won? Or their other three ex-World Champions?
    Tejay went from fifth last year to...being in a break.
    I'd like to see how much they spend per UCI point earned. Rihs is wondering about that right now.

Travels by Map
    Here is a link for anyone that wants to read about it.

Leaving chief directeur sportif position, Lelangue and BMC Racing Team part ways

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Time for a total reboot at BMC. Maybe send Gilbert to RAGBRAI next July? Evans to the television booth and Tee Jay somewhere other than California next May. Can they get a refund from Thor?

Master debator.
    Evans has got to be more exciting than Scott Moninger...
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

AJL
    Rock on!
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamM View Post
    Time for a total reboot at BMC. Maybe send Gilbert to RAGBRAI next July? Evans to the television booth and Tee Jay somewhere other than California next May. Can they get a refund from Thor?
    Didn't Evans get 3rd @ the Giro? No wonder he completely tanked in the last week. Man, that guys completely sucks, only getting 3rd in a GT @ age 36

But yeah, overall, BMC isn't having a very good year relative to all the star power it has. I think we'll see a big reshuffling, they aren't stuck too much because of contracts.
    “In an honest search for knowledge, you quite often have to abide by ignorance for an indefinite period.”
    – Erwin Schrödinger, 1948

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Didn't Evans get 3rd @ the Giro? No wonder he completely tanked in the last week. Man, that guys completely sucks, only getting 3rd in a GT @ age 36
    No doubt Evans had a fantastic Giro, but I given his age and that the Giro route this year was tamed down to attract Wiggins, I don't think we'll see that again. Seems to BMC's trouble is a lot like RS where they have too many roster spots taken up by aging stars who aren't really competitive for wins and also aren't very good at being domestiques - Kloden types.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2005

Re: Lelangue Leaves BMC

Quote Originally Posted by AdamM View Post
    No doubt Evans had a fantastic Giro, but I given his age and that the Giro route this year was tamed down to attract Wiggins, I don't think we'll see that again. Seems to BMC's trouble is a lot like RS where they have too many roster spots taken up by aging stars who aren't really competitive for wins and also aren't very good at being domestiques - Kloden types.
    I think history will regard Kloden as a rather solid and reliable team player.

Where's that GPS?
    I suspect there will be a lot of shake-ups now that silly season is underway.
    Seems like a lot of teams and riders need to re-assess.
    Also several teams whose finances might not gel - those riders will be shopping around for slots - so teams will have lots of talent on the market.
    1980's - Centurion
    1990's - Peugeot
    2000's - Specialized
    2010's - Bianchi

''This story was so perfect for so long. It's this myth, this perfect story, and it wasn't true.'' - Lance Armstrong