RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005

Lost Viking appreciation thread

OK, this forum is dead right now, not surprisingly. No real interest in the TDU. So I thought I'd take the time to thank LV for his daily Grand Tour threads and let him know that his efforts have been much appreciated. Here's one of my favorite descent videos - 25 minutes of Romain Bardet descending in the 2015 Dauphine. Well, there's 6 km of climbing at the end.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I second this! Cheers LV!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    OK, this forum is dead right now, not surprisingly. No real interest in the TDU. So I thought I'd take the time to thank LV for his daily Grand Tour threads and let him know that his efforts have been much appreciated. Here's one of my favorite descent videos - 25 minutes of Romain Bardet descending in the 2015 Dauphine. Well, there's 6 km of climbing at the end.

Although I have seen this clip multiple times - it never gets old. Thanks for posting this!
    To the original topic - LostViking - your posts are one of the highlights of this entire forum for me - I hope to see more of them. They get me so pumped to watch the stages!
    Take care.

Bianchi-Campagnolo

Thanks, never seen Bardet's master class. This north side of the Allos is one of the most difficult descents there are. It can be ridden at the end of the day on the "Barcelonette loop" (The cols Cayolle-Champs-Allos) but when I guide it we always start by going up where Bardet bombs down for safety reasons. Tired after a long day and some 3200 m climbed the smallest mistake could make you hit the wall or flip into the abyss.

Props to LV.
    Last edited by kbwh; 02-16-2018 at 04:14 AM.
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    To add to the Bardet descent clip and appreciation of LV's GT threads here's a clip of Valverde's descent on the Tourmalet. (A shorter clip)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S9WbVQ72R4

RoadBikeReview Member
    LV doing the work. Huge props! Much appreciated my friend!
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Yes, thank you LV!

Where's that GPS?
    Just saw this - Thanks guys, you are too kind!
    1980's - Centurion
    1990's - Peugeot
    2000's - Specialized
    2010's - Bianchi

''This story was so perfect for so long. It's this myth, this perfect story, and it wasn't true.'' - Lance Armstrong

"Treks trying to look like Bianchis, that's sooooo cute!" Participant at a Century Ride

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Bump!

Let's give it up one more time for LV!

I don't get to see much of the Giro, but it's the best GT, and your write ups are exemplary! There aren't many comments on your threads this year, but lots of views, and as I've said before, I really appreciate your efforts. I check for your updates each day. You also have a very good writing style.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    Bump!

Let's give it up one more time for LV!

I don't get to see much of the Giro, but it's the best GT, and your write ups are exemplary! There aren't many comments on your threads this year, but lots of views, and as I've said before, I really appreciate your efforts. I check for your updates each day. You also have a very good writing style.
    Absolutely! I look forward to every one of LVs stage posts!
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PBL450 View Post
    Absolutely! I look forward to every one of LVs stage posts!
    I concur!

Keep em coming LV!