Bianchi-Campagnolo

Movistar 2012 kit

They added white panels of innocence to the sides of it. Only thing left of the assymetry of 2011 is the shoulders.

(For Campagnologistas it's interesting to note that Valverde's bike has Record and not Super Record EPS on it.)
    Last edited by kbwh; 01-05-2012 at 05:30 AM.
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

Slightly Opinionated
    That looks like EPS to me...isn't that a junction box on the rear brake cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Also don't those thumb lever's look like the slightly redesigned one's that EPS has?

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Sorry for making a confusion here. I should have written that the EPS was Record without Super...
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

classiquesklassieker
    Quote Originally Posted by kbwh View Post
    They added white panels of innocence to the sides of it. Only thing left of the assymetry of 2011 is the shoulders.
    (For Campagnologistas it's interesting to note that Valverde's bike has Record and not Super Record EPS on it.)
    "White panels of innocence", nice!

Innocence aside, it will be interesting to see how Movistar does in 2011, with both Valverde and JJ Cobo on the same team. Will Valverde try for TdF again, despite the long TT miles? He's skipping the Giro for sure.

Well heck, the team has these two GC contenders above all others, and the TdF is at top in terms of coverage and keeping the sponsors happy. So these two guys will be announcing / announced to be targeting the TdF, and will be at the startline regardless.

The more interesting question is whether the two of them will show up at the Vuelta.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Comeback kid, again.

classiquesklassieker
    Quote Originally Posted by kbwh View Post
    Comeback kid, again.
    Doper or not, he was fun to watch. Out-sprinting Armstrong on the first mountain stage in the 2005 TdF was really awesome, after Disco/USPS pulled the whole way.

Or, him clawing his way back to the front group in the 2008 LBL, with Joachim Rodriguez digging deep within himself to help his leader, was awesome.

After a long stretch of time not racing, how will his crash-avoiding skill turn out to be?

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    We'll find out I guess.
    I remember him doing stylish wins.

AJL
    Rock on!
    Quote Originally Posted by orange_julius View Post
    Doper or not, he was fun to watch. Out-sprinting Armstrong on the first mountain stage in the 2005 TdF was really awesome, after Disco/USPS pulled the whole way.

Or, him clawing his way back to the front group in the 2008 LBL, with Joachim Rodriguez digging deep within himself to help his leader, was awesome.

After a long stretch of time not racing, how will his crash-avoiding skill turn out to be?
    Man, you have a good memory!
    “In an honest search for knowledge, you quite often have to abide by ignorance for an indefinite period.”
    – Erwin Schrödinger, 1948

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    He is a terrific racer who will add to this year's racing.

classiquesklassieker
    Quote Originally Posted by AJL View Post
    Man, you have a good memory!
    You mean, I'm full of useless cycling knowledge? :-D

banned
    total BS ban in the first place...i'm glad he's back! strong, colorful rider for sure.

i hope he gets some great results.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lastchild View Post
    total BS ban in the first place...i'm glad he's back! strong, colorful rider for sure.

i hope he gets some great results.
    (this may get moved to doping forum, but I had to ask...)

BS ban? how so? His blood was in the bag at Fuente's office, marked with Valverde's dog name. There's DNA evidence.
    If that's the case, were any bans arising from Operacion Puerto legit (Basso, Ullrich, Scarponi)?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 55x11 View Post
    (this may get moved to doping forum, but I had to ask...)

BS ban? how so? His blood was in the bag at Fuente's office, marked with Valverde's dog name. There's DNA evidence.
    If that's the case, were any bans arising from Operacion Puerto legit (Basso, Ullrich, Scarponi)?
    Never. Tested. Positive.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Can we stop it, please? Thread's about the kit.

banned

Smile

I love the kit, I think it's dope.
    Best kit in the peleton, just ordered one for myself to match my new Dogma2.

Fierce Pancake
    Great colour scheme, but last year's was more interesting with its asymmetry.
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Poast of the Day™.

Where's that GPS?
    Liked the old design better.
    1980's - Centurion
    1990's - Peugeot
    2000's - Specialized
    2010's - Bianchi

''This story was so perfect for so long. It's this myth, this perfect story, and it wasn't true.'' - Lance Armstrong

RoadBikeReview Member
    Agreed - the old design was cooler. Not sure if its this year or part of last years though - but I like how they are included the country flag on some of the kits. I know Nissan Trek is doing the same with there merger with Radioshack

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoHamuki View Post
    Agreed - the old design was cooler. Not sure if its this year or part of last years though - but I like how they are included the country flag on some of the kits. I know Nissan Trek is doing the same with there merger with Radioshack

This is 2012 as Visconti is Italian National Champion and only signed this season.

LeOpard's national jerseys are a mess IMO.

There's no real distinction, it's almost as if they want to homogenise the Championship jerseys into the team. Says a lot about their view of National Championships, but then they are only dealing with Micky Mouse ones on the road!

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    When I first saw Visconti in that kit I thought they had the Hungarian champ on the team. The Hungarian flag has the colors inverted (I had to check), but anyway.

I do understand that teams would like to have a "uniform" look, but there are some traditional champ jersey designs that should not be messed with:

Belgium (needs black shorts, Phil!)
    Italy
    Switzerland (RSN's worst, Fränk's comes off ok)
    Denmark
    (I cannot help but dislike Kristroff's Norwegian champ kit at Katusha.)

UCI now has strictly enforced rules for the WC jerseys. If national federations wanted, I'm sure they could dictate the exact look of their national champion's jersey too.

Fierce Pancake
    Agree, some of these national champ jerseys are a joke. Turning Italy's tricolore on its side is just wrong (although the jersey looks great, admittedly). The tiny Swiss cross is embarrassing.

The German RSN one is okay and I don't object to Phil's red shorts... the jersey still screams BELGIUM!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Poast of the Day™.

warrrrrrrgh!!!
    Can't believe they don't have Andy and Frank standing next to each other!!!
    I hate you all

j/k lol kthxbye!

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Quote Originally Posted by foto View Post
    Can't believe they don't have Andy and Frank standing next to each other!!!
    Bruynel has put them in training already!