Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009

Native American Cyclists

Hello everyone, I am seeking some help from you all....

I am trying to research whether there has ever been a pro Native American Cyclist. Could be at any level: domestic, continental, international pro........whatever.....I have never heard of one and am trying to find some info ....thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    I have never met a native american cyclist at all.
    If there are any, I would like to hear about it. Pro or not.
    With people like Peter P. around, I am done posting on this website. Mean people have driven me off after 9 plus years. Good luck newbies beware.

RoadBikeReview Member
    are you kidding me?

old school 7-11
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexi_Grewal

(olympic gold medal baby)

http://www.velonews.com/article/7405...t-alexi-grewal

RoadBikeReview Member
    Are you kidding me? Native American or Indo-American?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Grewal was not Native American...I think you are getting your "Indian" confused.

RoadBikeReview Member
    damn, you're right!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    wow ...do you know him? or how did you find him? I'm living in Madison, not far from where he is from and was just on his reservation last week. What are the odds. Thanks a lot.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    I grew-up in WI and raced the WORS series for a few years and remember him and his father.
    Then saw his name in some results for U23 about a year ago and have kind of followed his results a bit. He's not having the best results down in Mexico at the moment.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    Cool Thanks again for the input

Daylight Fading

Great find, thanks

nmnmnmnmnm
    "If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts." A. Duritz

Not Banned

when I worked

for a Native American Owned Clothing company I was in the stages with one other employee of putting together a club/team for young American Indian riders. Was going to try to get Russ Denny to build the frames and had a connection with Nike's Just Move It director for getting gear. Was looking quite promising until the company imploded.
    A word to the wise, never do business with gaming tribes.
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

banned
    Jul 2006
    Big win for Cole. This guy has some serious potential

http://www.bmcracingteam.com/index.php?id=9&L=0&uid=210

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooben
    I have never met a native american cyclist at all.
    If there are any, I would like to hear about it. Pro or not.
    Hello. I am Native and I ride a bike. Come to NM and I will introduce you to lots of us. I never knew the white man rode bikes. I thought you all drove SUVs or stage coaches.

Impulse Athletic Coaching
    Cole is good friends with Baumann, whom I ride with regularly in the fall. I can get his email for you if you PM me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    I live right here near Ruidoso, never seen any native americans on road bikes. Sorry.
    With people like Peter P. around, I am done posting on this website. Mean people have driven me off after 9 plus years. Good luck newbies beware.

Cat 6 rider
    Quote Originally Posted by lancezneighbor
    Hello. I am Native and I ride a bike. Come to NM and I will introduce you to lots of us. I never knew the white man rode bikes. I thought you all drove SUVs or stage coaches.
    If you didn't pull a stage coach with a team of bicycles you'd never get anywhere. You end up with a pace line when the dang harness breaks then you never see them again and you end up sitting there on top of the stage looking like a fool going nowhere fast.
    To the troll mobile, away...

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    [QUOTE=Hooben]I live right here near Ruidoso, never seen any native americans on road bikes. Sorry.[/QUOTE

That's the problem, you are in the wrong part of the state.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002

Yeah, head to the hills...

You gotta go to Taos/Espanola where the hills are, baby!!! Not where the ponies run. Too flat to ride a bike there. Or head to the Canadian Rockies, north of Jasper. Great result for Cole in that weather I'd say. Just brutal. Even Dwaars was pretty awful this week. That's a hard man's 200km. Nice job for Van Impe also.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    Very few people know that Jim Thorpe actually won the 1915 Tour de France.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pretender
    Very few people know that Jim Thorpe actually won the 1915 Tour de France.
    See! A conspiracy to keep the red man down! The French claim they skipped it in 1915, made up some war... as if the French would actually fight.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You guys crack me up. Seriously.
    Me: Slowly thinning cyclist (PhysicsDiet profile: http://www.physicsdiet.com/Public.aspx?u=gtpsbert )
    My bike: '08 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 3, '08 Red cranks, Neuvation M28 Aero3 wheels
    Just finished: '09 CAAD9 BB30 frameset, Cannondale Hollowgram Si SL cranks, Edge Composites Road 2.0 Fork, '09 Rival groupset, Mavic Ksyrium SL M10 wheels (http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...d.php?t=167402)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Is cycling the whitest sport on earth? I love hockey and people joke about the lack of integration, but Cycling? In the protour, who are the Asians, Blacks, Indians. These are not small ethnic groups. I understand socailization and all, but most other sports you get the random exceptions....World champion 110 hurdler from China, Black Stanley cup winning goalies. And dont give me "what about the TDFaso.

Impulse Athletic Coaching
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmig19
    Is cycling the whitest sport on earth? I love hockey and people joke about the lack of integration, but Cycling? In the protour, who are the Asians, Blacks, Indians. These are not small ethnic groups. I understand socailization and all, but most other sports you get the random exceptions....World champion 110 hurdler from China, Black Stanley cup winning goalies. And dont give me "what about the TDFaso.
    Plenty of black and latin pros. Cycling is an expensive sport, so it will never be as diverse as any of the ball sports.

Auto/motorcycle racing is more "white." If you want to consider some of those a sport.

http://velonews.com/photo/90006 -- yes, the guy in the middle won. 2nd place went to the asian, with the white guy in 3rd.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lancezneighbor
    See! A conspiracy to keep the red man down! The French claim they skipped it in 1915, made up some war... as if the French would actually fight.
    Only way you guys beat the British was to get Frenchy help, wait a minute the Native Americans were fighting for the British, so in effect the French kicked the Native American's arses. Who wouldn't fight? History can be a *****!
    Re native American riders this guy rode a lot last year, he has also gone really really fast.... http://www.rocketrek.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast