Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Marc, TY. That information makes it definitely not as bad. Still don't like having to pay extra, but at least this makes it hurt less. I can definitely deal with them calling races.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    I consider NBC Gold well worth the money. Last year it cost 39.99 for the season starting with the TDF and still in progress. 29.99 is the price for the races from now to the end of June. I don't know what the price for the complete year next year will be, I was not able to find that information. I only pay 30 dollars a month for basic cable, no sports channels or anything premium, my wife likes to watch the news. Unfortunately, we live in a mountainous area with very unreliable reception, otherwise I would have an antennae.

You can watch live or archived at your convenience, commercial free with Robbie McEwen and Mathew Keenan, I liked them very much and frankly better than Phil and Paul and not having to listen to the rest of that team (Bob Roll, Jens, etc.) was fabulous.

The archived races are still available. I can watch the Tour or the Worlds or whatever even today. The amount of coverage for the stages was almost start to finish last year. It was great to watch some of the racing at the beginning of the stage when the breaks were trying to establish.

The quality of the video stream was quite high for the most part. I had periods when the download speed slowed a bit, and quality was still pretty good. I don't pay for the fastest connection in the world either.

You can watch the entire Junior Women's World RR if you want! Possibly the first time in history that race has been shown. Also, track racing!

I did have some trouble with audio on NBC's end for a few stages last year. They were aware of the problem and responded to my query about that. It did get fixed for the most part. Also, I found that IE was considerably more stable with the service than Firefox, which was prone to crashing. The Android app is also quite stable and comes with the package.

Considering that when I started cycling in the early 80's I paid 30 bucks a year (or whatever) to read about these races in a magazine a month after they were over, this seems like a pretty good deal.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Has anyone seen anything official regarding TV coverage of races? I kind of assumed NBC didnít list any schedule for TV coverage to drive people toward NBC gold. Iíve been considering Gold, but as noted, Giro hole is disappointing and reviews of English Premier League Gold coverage are pretty dismal.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    NBC emailed me to say the Santos Tour Down Under will be broadcast beginning Feb 3 at 1:30am.
    I am probably the last person to have received an email from Sheldon Brown! A very nice gentleman.

2008 Specialized Roubaix Elite Triple
    105 Shifter/derailleurs
    FSA Gossamer Triple MegaExo
    BWW Blackset Race 11 wheels
    Continental Gators 25c
    Kool Stop Salmon brake pads
    Cateye Strada Double Wireless CC-RD400DW
    Sigma PC-9 HRM
    RADBOT-1000 rear strobe flasher
    Blaze 1/2w LED headlight

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeRojo View Post
    NBC emailed me to say the Santos Tour Down Under will be broadcast beginning Feb 3 at 1:30am.
    Yea the on-demand is already up for today's stage on NBC Gold....will watch later after CX Nats are done live streaming.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Today was the crit. The TDU starts on Tuesday.
    TY for the info. Still not sure if I want to pay that much for it, but definitely like the announcers better.
    FreeRojo, Thank you for the info.

merckxman
    Jan 2002
    Tour of Down Under is on.

merckxman
    Jan 2002
    The Tour Down Under is on. Oddly, it doesn't show on the schedule using voice recognition to find programming but does show when you say "cycling ".

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Yea TDU streaming on NBCGold is friggin Phil&Paul only. Alas.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Cycling Today was showing live stream last night which was available in the US, and it was definitely NBC's broadcast. But it was available to watch in the US without issues, so hope that remains for the week.

Pathlete and Pedalphile
    According to my Directv guide, stage 2 of the tdu is on at tonight at 11:00 pm pst, nbcsn. I guess they want to give a little teaser so you'll want more and pay for gold.
    If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

RoadBikeReview Member
    So far, as a new subscriber, Iíd say Iím happy with NBC Sorts Gold. What they have vs donít have is a huge issue, I d love to see them cover the Giro and all the classics. But the commercial free coverage is nice and I donít mind casting it from. My phone to my tv at all.
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12