waterproof*

Thumbs up in praise of Waffle House

So I was looking at photos from Georgia and noticed a Waffle House banner.

mmmmm Waffle House.

I've often mused it'd be great to have a Waffle House cycling team. It's just a cool logo IMO and I can tell you after decades of race weekend road trips, it's always nice to spot the source of cheap carbs n protein, done fast and right.

Thanks and kudo's to Waffle House for sponsoring.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    how cool would it be to see Waffle House open up all over Belgium.

RoadBikeReview Member

They sponsored my cross race..

a couple of years ago and were a big hit and seemed to have a great time.. It was perfect Belgium weather and they still set up shop and made all the riders super happy..
    Get this thing off my head!!!!!
    www.augustacrosscoalition.blogspot.com

Yo no fui.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhamlin38
    how cool would it be to see Waffle House open up all over Belgium.
    Not very. About as cool as McDonalds selling french fries in and arounf Paris.
    "It is better to conquer yourself, than to win a thousand battles." -Dhammapada

"Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

"A true cyclist sometimes has to bite the dust before he can reach the stars. Laurent Fignon

banned
    Dec 2006
    I like Waffle House. It's pretty cool when they sing out hello to you when you walk in the door.

In Atlanta there was a spot where 285 and a major road intersected and there was a Waffle House on each corner. 4 within a square mile of each other.

RBR Veteran Opinionater
    Every time I'm in the south and see a Waffle House, I notice a large volume of extra creamy fat people all around. hmmm...
    Escalate. Always escalate.

Going Nowhere Fast
    Dec 2006
    and their hash browns... capped and scattared!!!!

Damn, we need one in Los Angeles...

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by brujenn
    Every time I'm in the south and see a Waffle House, I notice a large volume of extra creamy fat people all around. hmmm...
    The other days they go to Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel. You're gonna get big if you eat one of those Southern breakfasts every day. Well maybe not if you take it easy the rest of the day with the eating. I think a lot of these people are eating these crazy breakfasts, a good lunch, and then a big dinner with dessert every day. Then they tell you they don't eat much.

I was at the airport waiting in line at a food place, and a heavy woman kept bumping into me from behind. It was about 5pm. I turn around and she tells me she hadn't eaten since noon, she was starving. I'm thinking damn, I had 2 cups of coffee and and english muffin at 6 this morning, relax..

RBR Veteran Opinionater
    Of course, if you're away from the south and get an itch to see some fat people, you can always go to the mayonaise isle at Costco in most major cities. Usually a good concentration there, cause they locate the smokes in the same area.
    Escalate. Always escalate.

RoadBikeReview Member
    More like Aweful House.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    I admit I love waffle house. Only thing I don't like is they take cash only. Wish I wasn't 4 hours from the closest one.

waterproof*
    I might've been on crack that day, but I seem to recall paying with plastic at a WH once a few years back. Mebbe they changed policy.

Or maybe I need to cut back on the crack. Naaah.
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ah, Waffle House...my first WH experience was in Indy while I was there on business.

Worth every clogged artery...

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008

Waffle House and ROAD

Yep, ROAD Magazine is a big fan of Waffle House. Check out our video from Greenville the day before the US pro road race.
    http://neilroad.blogspot.com/2007/09...-revisted.html

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005

Grits!

When I lived in Tampa, we used to eat grits from WH before long rides. Good!!

Having lived in Tampa and Atlanta, I've introduced many people around Denver to to joys of a Pecan Waffle, cheese grits, and a cup of that perfectly awful coffee. There are four that I know of in the Denver area.

I always thought that if they put one near the Morrison exit on I70, it would be the busiest WH in the universe. Once skiers and mountain bikers were hooked, the place would be the most popular restaurant in Denver. It is the only place I can find here with real grits.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    That reminds me of the only other thing I dislike about waffle house (besides no credit cards)-I think the coffee stinks. But the waffles, hash browns and blue collar atmosphere make up for it!

Big is relative
    When I lived in SC, we would usually have a race or two each month in the upstate. That usually meant a Motel 8 or 6 and both would have a Waffle House within walking distance. Some of my best race days started out with a pecan waffle. I medaled at states after a double pecan waffle and bacon (four hours prior). We would just have to arrive at the right time to get a booth in the no smoking section.
    Retired sailor