RoadBikeReview Member

SO now Trek wants the Schleck sisters so confused

So now trek is saying they want the sisters Schleck after letting Frank go. Or is this a way to get them allot cheaper. Or is it a way of letting them go and not sounding like they don't want them?

Guercilena Keen To Secure The Schleck Brothers For New Trek Team | Cyclingnews.com

Where's that GPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser955 View Post
    So now trek is saying they want the sisters Schleck after letting Frank go. Or is this a way to get them allot cheaper. Or is it a way of letting them go and not sounding like they don't want them?

Guercilena Keen To Secure The Schleck Brothers For New Trek Team | Cyclingnews.com
    Color me confused! I suspect the Schleck's are out after this season. But everything involving the Schleckettes seems to dissolve into a dramatic farce - why should their exit from RadioShanty be any different?

Looks like Astana will welcome them with open arms and Fuglsang, who has not delivered the goods this season, will return to his domestique duties.
    1980's - Centurion
    1990's - Peugeot
    2000's - Specialized
    2010's - Bianchi

''This story was so perfect for so long. It's this myth, this perfect story, and it wasn't true.'' - Lance Armstrong

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    I thought it was that they weren't going to pick up Frank's contract for the remainder of the year, and were re-negotiating for next year at a reduced rate (and andy too)... Both were up at the end of the year, so they weren't going to finish with Frank, and Andy had to re-negotiate anyhow at the end of the season...

at least that was what I understood from cycling news or velo or somewhere I read it

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    I seriously can't understand why they have to be together to function properly. I hope Trek just drops them and find new GC opportunities.

Where's that GPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by flyrunride View Post
    I seriously can't understand why they have to be together to function properly. I hope Trek just drops them and find new GC opportunities.
    Agreed, Enough of the Bros. Schleck act! This is as good a time as any other for Trek to shift horses and begin a new era for the team - holding on to the Schleckettes is just more of the same.
    1980's - Centurion
    1990's - Peugeot
    2000's - Specialized
    2010's - Bianchi

''This story was so perfect for so long. It's this myth, this perfect story, and it wasn't true.'' - Lance Armstrong

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Guercilena, the team manager wants the Schlecks.

What the team owners think may be different.

I don't see anything to indicate "Trek" wants those two around. And Trek is writing the checks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinelli 82220 View Post
    Guercilena, the team manager wants the Schlecks.

What the team owners think may be different.

I don't see anything to indicate "Trek" wants those two around. And Trek is writing the checks.
    I hope that's whats going on. I'm a little sick of the wilting flowers. I don't understand how a team can have the 2 toughest guys in the pro peloton and the have 2 weakest as team leaders. I don't know how many GC guys are looking for new contracts maybe Trek needs to focus on spring classics and one day races for a few seasons.