RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006

Streaming Le Tour 2012

I've shunned the Comcast cable monster and I don't want to bring it back for a month just for the Tour. I'm looking at streaming options, what's out there?

From what I can tell there is
    Sports-livez
    Steephill.tv
    nbcsports
    and some eurosport streams around.

Where else?

Is the only way to get Phil Liggett and Bob Roll commentary to go through the nbcsports package? Anyway have an idea on pricing of the package after the debacle last year? Is the nbcsports streaming in HD?

Get me to In&Out
    Cyclingfans.com is like steephill. They usually have three or four english feeds, but it is Sean Kelly who does the commentating with another British dude. I break down and buy Eurosport.com Liveplayer for June/July to watch it. Streams HD and it doesn't get cut off like some of the feeds do when they get saturated at the finish. I think it is Geo blocked in the states though.
    Cyclists really need to learn a little Rule #5.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    We usually get most of the Tour streamed live on SBS here in Australia with the Phil and Pete show. Don't know if it's geo-restricted outside the country but at least it's a free stream. Google SBS Cycling Central.

Milk was a bad choice.
    I did the NBS package last year and I thought it was fine after the first few buggy days. Maybe they'll have their **** together this year and not subject their paying customers to all their technical glitches.