Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 104
  1. #1
    Anphaque II
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,999

    Cool TDF Stage 1 Coverage SPOIL ALERT!

    O.K., who's going to watch stage 1, start to finish?


    Apparently they are going to stream the entire stage. For me, that means getting up at 0400HRS MST, but I will .
    Last edited by cda 455; 06-29-2013 at 02:08 AM.

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    139
    I will miss an hour part way through but will be there start to finish

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    494
    Whatever they stream, I will be watching.

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    58
    OK, I'm up and ready, NBC Sports will apparently stream.

  5. #5
    wyrd bi ful rd
    Reputation: c_h_i_n_a_m_a_n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,119
    at least with Wiggins winning it last year we have more coverage on terrestrial TV ...

    TDF Stage 1 Coverage-20130629-2013-tdf-itv4-schedule.jpg

  6. #6
    Anphaque II
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,999
    Alright.


    Who's up and watching? Check in!

  7. #7
    Hucken The Fard Up !
    Reputation: Salsa_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,906
    I'm watching the direct on France 2

    Froomey crashes before the 1st Km, changed bikes twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

  8. #8
    Anphaque II
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,999
    Froome already has a puncture!

  9. #9
    Anphaque II
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,999
    Froome actually crashed!


    Apparently he hit the curb. Detailed are to follow.

  10. #10
    What did you say? Huh?
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,174
    Was going to get up early and watch the whole stage...didn't. Now on though.
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

  11. #11
    Anphaque II
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Was going to get up early and watch the whole stage...didn't. Now on though.
    You've only missed 60km of the stage.


    There's still over 150+km to go.

    A five man break away started as the flag was dropped. They've been averaging a 2:30min gap. Now down to 2:00min.

  12. #12
    What did you say? Huh?
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,174
    Quote Originally Posted by cda 455 View Post
    You've only missed 60km of the stage.


    There's still over 150+km to go.

    A five man break away started as the flag was dropped. They've been averaging a 2:30min gap. Now down to 2:00min.
    So I gathered. I like the virtual touristing though.

    Looks like NBC has finally staightened out their bandwidth so their video is finally above 480 YouTube quality.
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

  13. #13
    Anphaque II
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    So I gathered. I like the virtual touristing though.

    Looks like NBC has finally staightened out their bandwidth so their video is finally above 480 YouTube quality.

    The picture quality I'm watching looks exactly like the picture quality of watching an early '80's recording of the TDF !

    But hey; It's free and they're streaming the entire stage !

  14. #14
    What did you say? Huh?
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,174
    Quote Originally Posted by cda 455 View Post
    The picture quality I'm watching looks exactly like the picture quality of watching an early '80's recording of the TDF !

    But hey; It's free and they're streaming the entire stage !
    NBC online at least is commercial free....unlike Eurosport these days. NBC had better be and stay commercial free since I paid $30 for it. Debated paying or not for it, and just said hell with it.

    ///confession: I have Eurosport on in the background for audio...cannot stand anyone NBC hires to do race commentary.
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: burgrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,562
    I'm watching on my tv and on my computer. Eurosport has some good HD coverage. Can be found on Cyclingfans.com or Steephill.tv.
    The NBC television coverage (live) is absolutely packed with commercials. It wouldn't be too much of an issue if it was not live coverage. I think I will end up recording the broadcast in order to fast forward through that crap. I also prefer to listen to the Eurosport commentary, it adds to the Euro experience (love hearing Kelly saying "tirty" kilometers to go, etc).

  16. #16
    Anphaque II
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,999
    Quote Originally Posted by burgrat View Post
    I'm watching on my tv and on my computer. Eurosport has some good HD coverage. Can be found on Cyclingfans.com or Steephill.tv.
    The NBC television coverage (live) is absolutely packed with commercials. It wouldn't be too much of an issue if it was not live coverage. I think I will end up recording the broadcast in order to fast forward through that crap. I also prefer to listen to the Eurosport commentary, it adds to the Euro experience (love hearing Kelly saying "tirty" kilometers to go, etc).
    Yeah, I got my link from steephill.tv.


    During the opening kms I was watching on an English speaking stream and then a ban symbol appeared so I went hunting for another link and ended up with a french stream.


    Whenever I'm watching a race or a tour that involves France, Switzerland, or Belgium; my wife sits a points out all the places that she's been to as the peleton passes through the towns/villages, etc.

    In about two hours she'll be up and doing that !

  17. #17
    What did you say? Huh?
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,174
    Andrei Greipel's legs "look like he's smuggling frozen chickens", according to Carlton Kirby.
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

  18. #18
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    641
    Dang, I want to move to Corsica!

  19. #19
    Anphaque II
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Andrei Greipel's legs "look like he's smuggling frozen chickens", according to Carlton Kirby.



    Interesting description for a visual!

  20. #20
    Master of flip comments
    Reputation: gregario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,739
    I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'm sick of Phil Liggett. Yes, I know he's an institution, but his claims about how he had no IDEA cyclists doped and his defense of Armstrong really soured my attitude. Plus his constant errors are grating.

  21. #21
    What did you say? Huh?
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,174
    Quote Originally Posted by gregario View Post
    I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'm sick of Phil Liggett. Yes, I know he's an institution, but his claims about how he had no IDEA cyclists doped and his defense of Armstrong really soured my attitude. Plus his constant errors are grating.
    Nah. All of those are reasons why I use other audio commentary when at all available.
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

  22. #22
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: burgrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by gregario View Post
    I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'm sick of Phil Liggett. Yes, I know he's an institution, but his claims about how he had no IDEA cyclists doped and his defense of Armstrong really soured my attitude. Plus his constant errors are grating.
    I agree. Liggett, Sherwin, and Roll had their noses so far up LA's bum that they have lost any shred of journalist credibility that they may have had. Maybe they should have been suspended too.

  23. #23
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: JackDaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    430
    Hoogerland sniffs out another fence.

  24. #24
    What did you say? Huh?
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,174
    Hey Orica...your bus was too tall for the finish line...in case you haven't noticed. And PS, good job breaking the finish line timing sensors.
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

  25. #25
    Anphaque II
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,999
    Stay away from the killer banners!!1!


    That's, what, two crashes that the banners have caused?!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tour Down Under Stage 2 - 5 coverage.
    By iheartbenben in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2012, 06:58 PM
  2. Stage 2 TV coverage - crash
    By lesper4 in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 10:35 AM
  3. Versus - No TdS Stage 8 Coverage?
    By InfiniteLoop in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 08:43 AM
  4. Versus Stage 1 coverage
    By husonfirst in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 07:03 AM
  5. TdG Coverage: Stage 2
    By Asiago in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 01:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

INTERBIKE

Contest

Hot Deals See All Hot Deals >>

Interbike Featured Booths

Check out the hottest road bike products from these brands!



















See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »


Latest RoadBike Articles


Latest Videos

RoadbikeReview on Facebook