Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Velogames 2018

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PBL450 View Post
    Hey man!! Iím in! Sorry Iím late to the party! I love our mini leagues. And I make it hard for all of yíall to be the lantern rouge! Haha! Iím in time? What am I getting in to?!? Just go to Velo and jump in for Paris-nice? Like usual?
    Welcome back and yep. Thatís the plan Stan. The code and everything are in here above.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    Welcome back and yep. Thatís the plan Stan. The code and everything are in here above.
    haha, thank you! I am officially IN!
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    In for the sweeper car.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oh Wetworks, if I shared my rider choices with you there wouldnít be any doubts about who will be in the sweeper car. Glad you all are in.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by majbuzz View Post
    Thanks Rashadabd.
    No problem my man, you actually put in more work than I did to make it happen in the end, so thank you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Team Lanterne Rouge is in and prepared to control the race from the rear.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    You guys are a bunch of pool sharks! I've played with pretty much all of you before and watched most if not all of you kick some tail at one point or another. #youaintfoolingme

RoadBikeReview Member
    Well, I picked Kittal and now he is out. Dang.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by majbuzz View Post
    Well, I picked Kittal and now he is out. Dang.
    I looked at him too, but went in another direction. Fortunately, there is still time to make changes until Sunday.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yeah, picked another guy who was my second choice for that slot. It wonít help though, I stink at picking teams.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've made 4 changes already and still not happy with my team. On the other hand, at least everyone is already there and no one is having last minute flights, which are overbooked and they are sent on a different plane to a different city and then have to drive 3 hours to get to the team hotel. Oh and find dinner somewhere on the way. Hope to get to the hotel by midnight, for a race that starts at 10:45 the next morning and hope you can get 6 hours of sleep. Oh yeah, and you happen to be one of the favorites to win. That's Alejandro Valverde's day in trying to get to Strade Bianche today. Information courtesy a tweet he wrote and an article in the Spanish publication Marca.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You know, we all pretty much stink at trash talk. All claiming that we will come in last. Kind of like the guy who shows up at a group ride claiming they are on an ďeasy dayĒ due to a training schedule. Iím on to all of you sandbaggers. Good luck, youíll will need it. Wookie or one of you are going to win again... oh dang wait, I mean I will.

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    shame on me for picking TJVG again... ugh, when will I learn my lesson?

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2017 S-Works Tarmac SL5
    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2014 S-Works Shiv TT
    2015 Specialized Fuse Comp

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    Ouch.

I'm still not convinced I have the right line up, but you're in worse shape. With my team I'm putting a lot of hope that LL Sanchez is still in the form he had earlier this year and that Soler can actually lead this Movistar team.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I had TJVG as well thinking this would be a break out. He has been looking really good. Too bad for him, hopefully he heals up soon.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Sorry man, friends don't let friends TVG in Velogames. I looked, but fortunately talked myself out of it. It's the TT that made him appealing, especially since the field in this race is thin in that area, but you can't trust that dude in this game.

In other news, I had a rather unimpressive start to this thing. Way to create a 300 point deficit Rashad! Hopefully things get better from here. Congrats to Majbuzz and the others that kicked some tail today.

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    Sorry man, friends don't let friends TVG in Velogames. I looked, but fortunately talked myself out of it. It's the TT that made him appealing, especially since the field in this race is thin in that area, but you can't trust that dude in this game.
    That's exactly what I was thinking... looking t the GC guys and the TT, I figured he'd have a shot, but of course he crashes, and then crashes into a car while trying to chase back on.... now he's saying "oh, I actually don't feel so bad now and the X-rays show nothing." He probably said it to the journo with a "oh well, get'em next time," look on his face. I swear, he's the king of giving up when he really doesn't feel so bad.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2017 S-Works Tarmac SL5
    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2014 S-Works Shiv TT

RoadBikeReview Member
    That's exactly what I was thinking... looking t the GC guys and the TT, I figured he'd have a shot, but of course he crashes, and then crashes into a car while trying to chase back on.... now he's saying "oh, I actually don't feel so bad now and the X-rays show nothing." He probably said it to the journo with a "oh well, get'em next time," look on his face. I swear, he's the king of giving up when he really doesn't feel so bad.
    I picked him with the TT in mind as well. Oh well. Glad he isnít hurt.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Yeah, itís hard to tell where his head is at these days. I kind of feel like heís exactly where Talansky was before he moved on to Triathlon, but hasnít figured out what else to do with his life yet.

RoadBikeReview Member

In other news, I had a rather unimpressive start to this thing. Way to create a 300 point deficit Rashad! Hopefully things get better from here. Congrats to Majbuzz and the others that kicked some tail today.
    I literally laughed out loud when I read that!! Haha! I feel for the guy... Something just ainít right. No one has this much bad luck. Unlike you guys I never looked at him, Iíve been to that dance before, itís always going to turn out bad. I feel bad for the guy in a Charlie Brown kinda way. Like when Lucy pulls the football away at the last second and he falls on his azz.

Great stage! 4 way photo finish decided my a fraction of a mm! I mean uphill cobbled climb in the rain! Damn! Thanks Majbuzz and Rashad for getting our collective sh*t together for a league!
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PBL450 View Post
    I literally laughed out loud when I read that!! Haha! I feel for the guy... Something just ainít right. No one has this much bad luck. Unlike you guys I never looked at him, Iíve been to that dance before, itís always going to turn out bad. I feel bad for the guy in a Charlie Brown kinda way. Like when Lucy pulls the football away at the last second and he falls on his azz.

Great stage! 4 way photo finish decided my a fraction of a mm! I mean uphill cobbled climb in the rain! Damn! Thanks Majbuzz and Rashad for getting our collective sh*t together for a league!
    I feel for the guy too. Both TVG and Talansky had so much potential to be great ones. They were young Americans that could actually climb AND TT at an elite level. It looked really promising for a good while, but didn't turn out like I hoped. They had really solid runs though at the end of the day. Each won some big races and finished high/with podiums in major stage races.

Yeah, I am loving how this season has started thus far. Now, all I need is more Kwiatkowski, Sagan, and Dimension Data wins!

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    I set up a Tirreno-Adriatico league...

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2017 S-Works Tarmac SL5
    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2014 S-Works Shiv TT

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks, I'm in. Tough picks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Iím not sure about the team I just selected, but I am in the TA VG

RoadBikeReview Member
    Joined the Tirreno-Adriatico game. Not an easy one to pick.

And I'm actually leading Paris-Nice right now. Yeah, I'm shocked. I don't expect to stay there, but I'll take it for as long as it lasts. (And I'll definitely take the two stage podiums with the win today. Oh, that's also my first ever stage win. Yeah, I'll definitely take that one. )

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast