RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008

Who is the BMC team leader now?

Given the new GC classifications, who is the team leader?
    Embrace the fact that everyone on these forums has their own unique desires, needs, experiences and environment so what works for you may not work for others.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Tee J. Cadel is over the hill.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Who cares. Won't get a podium.
    Probably Hincapie after Evans gets on the bus and beats the crap out of Lelange for bringing a shiity team and TeaJay just because he jumped ahead of him.

Jack of no trades
    In the words of Phill Liggett: Cadel Evans has cracked.

And I tend to agree. Not just for the stage. I think he'd pretty well done for this Tour.

I hope the Team decides to let TJ off the leash and go for it. No need I can see to hold him back.

Travels by Map
    Quote Originally Posted by Wood Devil View Post
    In the words of Phill Liggett: Cadel Evans has cracked.

And I tend to agree. Not just for the stage. I think he'd pretty well done for this Tour.

I hope the Team decides to let TJ off the leash and go for it. No need I can see to hold him back.
    They pretty much have to protect van Garderen and have him finish in white if they want to salvage anything from this race.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Cadel would still be the "leader" and they will try to help him be in the top 10 but they should back TJ for the white and possibly placing a bit higher. Unfortunately BMC doesn't have the fitness and combination for this tour, it has been team Sky all the way. I was hoping it would be more challenging and fun to watch.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    I'd love to see TJ in an early break allowed to stay off the front and win a stage to really emphasize an outstanding tour, and prove that he gets stronger in the third week, to temper the concerns of his softer performance in the pre alpine stages.

The Dropped 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jhamlin38 View Post
    I'd love to see TJ in an early break allowed to stay off the front and win a stage to really emphasize an outstanding tour, and prove that he gets stronger in the third week, to temper the concerns of his softer performance in the pre alpine stages.
    Will Sky let him go at all? Could be interesting!

mtnroadie
    Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    Who cares. Won't get a podium.
    Probably Hincapie after Evans gets on the bus and beats the crap out of Lelange for bringing a shiity team and TeaJay just because he jumped ahead of him.
    You mean b!tch slap, followed by

Cadel did great last year, but I don’t think he was ever spectacular. Hincapie and Cadel are both over the hill and their tour winning days are over. Both have had great careers they can take pride in. It is too late to make any difference but TeeJay is the man BMC should get behind and show some team leader flexibility for a change.

your text here
    Quote Originally Posted by allison View Post
    i dont think they would.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by allison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by weltyed View Post
    i dont think they would.
    I would expect Lotto and RS to react sooner. Vandenbrook and Zubeldia are the ones that TJ is a more immediate threat to.
    Côte du Petit Pas d'Ane - Best climb name ever.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Id love to see Cadel attack once , with a BMC team mate... Have wiggins respond and real in cuddles. then have TJ attack...

I don't think TJ would get any where, but I would just like to see it...

By and large, this tour, with the exception of Tacks, and Sagan, has been dull. Spartigus in the yellow jersey for the beginning, then WIggo... Vokler has been great but there has really been no GC contention. Cuddles was a no show from the beginning.

No contador, no andy... Id like to see one day of horse racing excitement.

Good Person
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnroadie View Post
    You mean b!tch slap, followed by

Cadel did great last year, but I don’t think he was ever spectacular. Hincapie and Cadel are both over the hill and their tour winning days are over. Both have had great careers they can take pride in. It is too late to make any difference but TeeJay is the man BMC should get behind and show some team leader flexibility for a change.
    Anybody can have a bad day in the mountains or even a bad Tour.

I don't always understand "over the hill" arguments. Without knowing Cadel's age, would we still call him "over the hill" from watching his performance? He is still top-10 in GC. Is everybody behind him "over the hill?" It may be true that Cadel's career peaked last year but people were saying he was too old before that victory and a rider doesn't go from Tour de France winner to over the hill in one year.

Let's not forget that there were a couple of times in this Tour that Tejay couldn't keep up with Cadel.

Mature athletes are doing better and better every year and we should decide that they are done when they can't keep up with the peloton anymore, not when their age passes a certain point. That is a mentality that I would like to see go away.
    I like when you get to that point and I don’t know if it’s the endorphins kicking in or what, but you realize you’re so far from where you started, that you’re finally really somewhere else, a completely different place.

-Richard Sachs-

RoadBikeReview Member
    Speaking of ages. I think we should count Horner and Jensie here, and again speaking of Jens Voigt. He's in a very good form, finishing in the "Top Ten" on Stage 16 ahead of Cadel, and take note. He's older than Cadel. So age doesn't really matter if you had the legs.

Tee Jay can't past ahead of Wiggo, coz Froomey is always at his side. Also Nibali's attacks are so futile, can't stay away from the Top 2.
    “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    TJ for sure. They need to move him as high as possible on the GC standings. This would also serve as team leader experience/training for him.