RoadBikeReview Member

Any Experience with Endurox R4

I am looking for a recovery drink as well as in-ride drink.

Does anyone have any experience with Endurox R4 as recovery or Accelerade as an in-ride drink. I have heard good things so far, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with either?

thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    I'm training for the Boston Marathon, and I decided to try the Endurox R4. I use it after real hard or real long workouts and I have noticed less soreness and decreased recovery time.

I got it at Performance for $12 for 14 servings. I would recommend it. I haven't tried the Accelerade yet. But I will when I get back on the bike in April...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    I've had good results with Endurox too. Sometimes I've used it as a recovery drink as indicated, other times I just take a bottle of it on really long rides. In any case for a long ride it has lots of calories, etc.. and it doesn't make me feel sick or anything. The salty taste seems to taste good after lots of riding.

Ben

I don't fear carbs
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr
    I am looking for a recovery drink as well as in-ride drink.

Does anyone have any experience with Endurox R4 as recovery or Accelerade as an in-ride drink. I have heard good things so far, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with either?

thanks
    tastes like hell, made me sick when i drank it once during a hot century. basically just milk protein and sugar. Nothing special. I'll stick to Cytomax.
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Can I have seconds?
    Yeah it's looking like personal preference my man. I've used Accelerade this whole winter and have really enjoyed it, thought I am skeptical about what'll happen to it when it gets warm, as it's a bit on the thick side. I like having the protein along with me as compared to Gatorade or Extran powder.
    Want to know more about yourself? Want to go faster? Want to ride more efficiently? www.rockymountainspineandsport.com - they'll take you there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    I use accelerade on most rides over 30 miles. Full strength is a bit strong though, so I dilute it by half and that seems to make the taste more palatable. As for endurox, I drink it after really long rides but I'm usually pretty destroyed anyways so it is hard to say if it works for recovery. Any bit helps though even if it is psychological.

PMC
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    I use both products on a regular basis. I have no problems with the taste (I'm not real picky though) and haven't had any stomach problems from using them (I can also stomach just about anything).

Some of the guys I ride with have had digestive issues while using these products so I'd recommend buying some sample packs to see how it works for you before spending the money for the larger containers.