RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008

Anyone try rapidade or rapid recharge?

Just wondering if anyone uses rapidade or rapid recharge (especially rapid recharge). Im looking to get a good drink that lets me do rides 5-6 days at a time without losing the speed.

http://testrider.com/fly.aspx?layout=player&video=4
    ^video review of rapidade^
    thanks,

Sunny

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

General comment

Quote Originally Posted by SunnySang
    Just wondering if anyone uses rapidade or rapid recharge (especially rapid recharge). Im looking to get a good drink that lets me do rides 5-6 days at a time without losing the speed.
    Not familiar with these particular products, but just so you know, there is no magic in recovery foods. High carbs with some protein thrown in (10-20% of total calories) is what you need, and there's nothing magic about any particular source of either the protein or the carbs. Obviously, from a total nutrition standpoint, you're better off with food containing nutrients (i.e. not just sugar as a carb source). Beyond that, if it's convenient, tasty, and reasonably priced, then it's just right for you. Examples might be whole wheat toast and some mixed nuts, or peanut butter. Lots of choices. Anything else is just a waste of money.