Thread: endura fuel

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

endura fuel

has anyone tried this stuff, they say its a energy and recovery drink....was wondering if anyone has tried it and what they thought compared to other drinks?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly
    has anyone tried this stuff, they say its a energy and recovery drink....was wondering if anyone has tried it and what they thought compared to other drinks?
    The reality is that you need to find something that doesn't give you trouble in your gut and tastes OK to you. Beyond that, there's no magic in any of these drinks, and they only offer convenience compared to just eating the same number of calories (plus salt) from actual food.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    yeah, i was just wondering if anyone has tried it to see if they liked it or not.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    mcfly: I work with the company that produces EnduraFuel. I would be happy to get you a free sample of EnduraFuel if you'll agree to post your results with EnduraFuel on this forum? Just send a name and mailing address to support@endurafuel.com and say that you were offered a free sample on road bike review.

Kerry: you are right on about GI/gut distress. Our scientists made sure to only use carbs that get rapidly absorbed from the gut to prevent GI issues, plus the carbs they use don't require processing by the liver, so they can be used by muscles right away.

The testimonials on the EnduraFuel website are from real athletes around the world. We don't pay for endorsements. All of these athletes contacted us after trying EnduraFuel to let us know how much the product improved their performance and training.

Regards,
    Chris

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cycle12
    Kerry: you are right on about GI/gut distress. Our scientists made sure to only use carbs that get rapidly absorbed from the gut to prevent GI issues, plus the carbs they use don't require processing by the liver, so they can be used by muscles right away.
    Well that ^^ limits you to glucose and glucose polymers. And I see that you use glucose and maltodextrin (glucose+glucose).

Have your scientist read up on the work from Jeukendrup about multiple transportable carbohydrates and performance.

Adding fructose to a sports drink increases oxidation of exogenous carbohydrate and may spare muscle glycogen. And it does improve performance in ultra events compared to glucose alone. And with less likelihood of gastric issues.

Frucotse alone can cause problems, but when combined with glucose, it appears to absorbs better.
    "The lower limit of dietary carbohydrate compatible with life apparently is zero, provided that adequate amounts of protein and fat are consumed."......http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?reco...10490&page=275

Feel free to PM me nutrition questions. I will answer them if I have time.....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

User feedback

Quote Originally Posted by sdeeer
    Well that ^^ limits you to glucose and glucose polymers. And I see that you use glucose and maltodextrin (glucose+glucose).

Have your scientist read up on the work from Jeukendrup about multiple transportable carbohydrates and performance.

Adding fructose to a sports drink increases oxidation of exogenous carbohydrate and may spare muscle glycogen. And it does improve performance in ultra events compared to glucose alone. And with less likelihood of gastric issues.

Frucotse alone can cause problems, but when combined with glucose, it appears to absorbs better.
    All true, but based on years of hearing feedback here I think it is safe to say that there is no composition that doesn't bother somebody's gut. For every "It worked great for me," you will get a "It gave me gas" or whatever. You just have to try things.

I'm pretty biased on this topic, but my response to the "mixed sugars work better than single sugars" research is something like "Oh, you mean actual food is better than engineered calories?"