Thread: Endurox?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006

Endurox?

I have been drinking endurox after i ride the 3+ hour mtb rides or a realy hard training day for about a year now and it works realy well. My legs are not sore the next day so recovery is not painfull any more .But i am wondering .Is it beneficial to drink it every two hours or so during a century or in a six,twelve or twentyfour hour race? like i would ever do a 24 solo . I know cals&carbs need to be replaced with eating and drinking on long rides would Endurox during the ride help . I would like some info opinions and maybe some facts about Endurox during a ride. I am probably starting to sound redundant but i went to sleep late and got up to early . Oh and i am mad i missed the 6 gap . I had to throw that in i am not sure why??

Cycling Boob
    isnt endurox a recovery drink? makes no sense to me eithe rbut i just follow the directions and drink accelerade for my cycling

pinoy thunder
    Endurox is quite heavy in the stomach.
    Mi piace la mia pasta al dente..

Pedal Master
    I've actually used Hammer's Perpetuem...basically an endurance electrolyte drink that also has protein. Muscles get fed while the "gatorade" like component of the drink keeps hydration and energy high. No cramping, no next day soreness.

Taste isn't terrible, but definitely takes a few ounces to get used to it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stihl
    Endurox is quite heavy in the stomach.
    Exactly. That's why it would be horrible to drink on the bike. 270 calories per serving is a lot.

Some guy
    Jul 2006
    You could probably get away with Endurox on the ride, but you'd need to train with it first and you'd need to be going at a reasonably low intensity. Otherwise that heaviness isn't going to sit well. But then, if you're doing 24 hours you'd have to drop the intensity.

Everything breaks down once you get into the 6+ hour range. Things you thought would taste good, simply don't. If you don't occasionally train in that time frame you may have a tough time of it once you get there. Solid food is almost always a must on the longest rides.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    I quit using Endurox the last few weeks and I feel there is a noticable difference in next day soreness. I also feel there is a cumulative effect that is causing my riding to stall a bit. Timed climbs that have been improving thru the summer are slipping back. I stopped because I was interested in switching to the Hammer products and haven't got around to it-but I'm convinced a recovery product is worthwhile. And no, I don't think I'd use it on the bike. Enough folks have trouble with Accelerade and digestion, I'm sure Endurox would be even tougher.

Cycling 4 Life
    Has anyone tried Pedialyte as a substitute for hydration during rides?

cdr
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Coming to this from a running background and just starting into biking for triathlon training; I've used endurox and accelerade as recommended by the manufacturer and couldn't tell any difference between the two. However, I did find that using them definatly made a difference to my after workout exhaustion and recovery. So I saved the money of buying both and just stuck with the endurox.

At the present time I use Cytomax but never had any problems with the Endurox products.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    consuming some whey protein during longer rides (or any multi hour athletic endavor i.e alpine climbing) - along w/ water and a energy drink - is a great idea