RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002

Endurox R4 Flavor Opinions

I've consumed dozen or so 5lb cans of the Fruit Punch flavor over the past five years and never tried any other flavor. I was a bit turned off by the supposed flavor enhancement they rolled into the formula a year or so ago. The original was already repulsive and they just made it worse, IMO.

So what's the consensus on the most tolerable flavor? I noticed they have a Chocolate option now -- anyone tried that?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003

Fruit Punch is the only tolerable option IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by AllUpHill
    I've consumed dozen or so 5lb cans of the Fruit Punch flavor over the past five years and never tried any other flavor. I was a bit turned off by the supposed flavor enhancement they rolled into the formula a year or so ago. The original was already repulsive and they just made it worse, IMO.

So what's the consensus on the most tolerable flavor? I noticed they have a Chocolate option now -- anyone tried that?
    Have tried Orange, FP and Chocolate - Fruit Punch is the only tolerable option for my tastebuds.

power1369

RoadBikeReview Member

Chocolate

Chocolate gets my vote for best flavor. Tried the others before and had to choke them down. I make it a little stronger than called for to make it taste more chocolate-y.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Lemon Lime gets my vote. I started out w/ Fruit Punch but a buddy turned me on to Lemon Lime and I really like it. Try it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002

Lemon lime

I like Lemon Lime better than Orange.

Bike Addict

Lemon Lime

I use Endurox after every ride and I ride 5-6 times per week , lemon lime wins my vote
    Ride to eat, eat to ride.

cyclocross junkie

Oranj!

I really dig the Orange flavor...I mean I truly enjoy the taste.

I also like the chocolate. After a cold ride heat up some water and and the choco powder for a warm recovery drink.

FTF
    banned
    Am I the only fruit punch person? I dono, I've only had the fruit punch, mainly becuase there was no need for change, it tastes fine, espescially after they made it "ALL NEW BETTER TASTE!", before that I must admit, it was much like choking down chalk mixed with water, but now I actually kind of like the taste.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    You prefer the new fruit punch? Ack. I'd be quite happy if I could find a stock pile of it in the old version (any shop owners out there want to sell off some old Endurox stock???). It had a curious taste for sure, but I find the new F.P. is overpoweringly and artificially tangy and somewhat salty as well, even when I mix it fairly diluted.

Anyway, I appreciate the responses but it looks there's no universal conclusion here. Just when I thought I could at least assume orange was unanimously hated, cbass replied. At least there seems to be a strong lemon lime following. Chacun à son goût.