RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007

Ghibli and weyless rollers?

Does anybody have any experiences or comments on a Ghibli or Weyless rollers? I found a couple for sale, each for $75 and not sure if I should go for it.
    Some questions I have is: Are there ary problems with them, and how hard is it to find parts for them?

Thanks for your time and help

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

Weyless experience

Quote Originally Posted by Deering
    Does anybody have any experiences or comments on a Ghibli or Weyless rollers? I found a couple for sale, each for $75 and not sure if I should go for it.
    Some questions I have is: Are there ary problems with them, and how hard is it to find parts for them?
    Our Weyless rollers are 33 years old, have roughly 60K miles on them, and have worn out exactly one belt in that time. We replaced the belt with a Kreitler belt. In today's money, they cost about $425. However, I doubt that has anything to do with Weyless rollers you might buy today. However, if you can find some old ones, they will last forever.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007

They are the old ones

Kerry,

Thanks for your post. The guy selling the Weyless rollers had them for almost 30 years, and he got them used. Your post helped me decide which of the two to get, and I decided to go with the Weyless. It is also nice to know that I can get a replacement belt from Kreitler. Now I just need to be able to ride these things!

Thanks again.