I miss Greg.

Has anyone used a RealAxiom trainer?

Here is the link from the evil empire:

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=4120

I'm really tempted to sell one of my bikes to finance this. I've found that I have not a lot of time to ride outside anymore and and I'm kind of burned out on Spinervals, etc. and that this might be an alternative.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm pretty sure that this is an Elite product rebadged as a Performance trainer, so I'm not terribly worried about product quality (unless Elite is crap and I don't know that).

Thank you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Hey I got one last summer. My wife and I got it for each other for our anniversary (is that great or what?). I live in Phoenix, so my use is probably different than somebody who lives in a real winter climate. But it's great for days when my schedule precludes riding outside in the daylight.
    The wattage is nice. Here's the best thing I've found with it: I'm just starting to get into the planned training routine, and it's great for doing 2x20 intervals. I use the virtual reality LImogenes course (which comes with the initial purchase). The course starts with a 6 mile climb and takes me about 20 minutes. I've heard people talk about the difficulty of riding 20 miles hard without stop lights, traffic, etc., in the real world. So I ride the climb for 20 min, take a short break, and then do it again. The terrain variation and view on the monitor make it more interesting than just setting an x% non-changing grade. And it's motivating to check stats and see that as weeks go by I generate more watts at the same HR.
    Good news, bad news. The HR didn't work, but the local Performance let me try another transmitter to rule that out as the problem. Then the online customer service sent me a new handlebar unit, and that did the trick.