RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012

Smile 1973 Schwinn Super Sport

Hi,
    I have a 1973 Schwinn Super Sport lightwieght frame 58cm. I would say that the bike has been and still is well taken care of. Tune ups etc. A few scratches in the paint but nothing too bad. Never been in a crash. No dents or cracks anywhere. I wanted to look into selling it, but I don't know what I should ask for it. I was told by the first owner that it was close to 600.00 new in 1973. Seems high but that's what I was told. It has the following all original parts:

Shimano 600 drive train.
    Cinelli drop bar
    Brakes

Thanks

Unlabeled
    There are a few Schwinn experts that post here who can tell you everything about your bike.

My best friend back in high school had a 1974 Super Sport. I had a Schwinn Continental.
    He paid about $160 for the Super Sport. My Continental was about $120.

The 73 Super Sport did not have a Shimano 600 drive train or Cinelli bars, and the frame sizes were in inches. Also, a 73 Supersport would be considered lightweight only if you had a Continental. The 73 Super Sport weighed about 32 lbs It had a solid steel kickstand, steel stem mounted shifters, a 1 piece steel Ashtubula crank, and a steel Huret Alvit rear derailleur.

Most likely your Super Sport is a much later model than 1973. Post a pic and give the serial number.
    Lugged Steel Treks