RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010

Bianchi Gold Race Special

Evening,

You may think me mad but I recently did a swap deal with a mate which saw me hand over my '09' Specialized Langster for a steel frame Bianchi Gold Race Special. My thinking was to refurbish it and get it to top running order so that I could use it as a commute and winter trainer. That, and I have always wanted a steel framed bike.

My mate brought it from a guy from work and he brought it from a guy down the pub so I have nothing in the form of paperwork, invoices, receipts. Anyway, I have trawled the internet and libraries trying to find information on year, equipment spec etc etc so that I can get a direction for the refurb but I can't find squat. I'm hoping one of you bike afficiado's can help me out or at least point me in the right direction.

It has a bit of rust in a few places so I'm looking at getting Argos Cycles to clean up the frame and forks and then give a respray (green me thinks) but I want to start getting the parts required and don't know where to start.

I have attached a few photo's in the hope that someone recognises the bike or can at least give me some direction as to where I can f find out some information.

I hope i've done the pictures right!

Please Help.

Dinsdale

RoadBikeReview Member
    You can ask Bianchi questions here and get more answers.
    http://forums.roadbikereview.com/bianchi/

Banned forever.....or not
    It should have a sticker saying what sort of tubeset it's made from. It should have another sticker saying if it's a "Racing Department" frame.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    I see the remnants of a "Made in Taiwan" sticker which, after the demise of Japanese manufacture, was the source of entry to mid-level Bianchis. Tig-welded, not a bad bike but no "great shakes" either. Probably make a good winter/foul weather/commuter type bike. Personally, I wouldn't throw a lot of money or effort at it.
    Anyone who believes there are no stupid questions never worked in a bike shop.