RoadBikeReview Member

Bianchi Gold Race Special

You may think me mad but I recently did a swap deal with a mate which saw me hand over my '09' Specialized Langster for a steel frame Bianchi Gold Race Special. My thinking was to refurbish it and get it to top running order so that I could use it as a commute and winter trainer. That, and I have always wanted a steel framed bike.

My mate brought it from a guy from work and he brought it from a guy down the pub so I have nothing in the form of paperwork, invoices, receipts. Anyway, I have trawled the internet and libraries trying to find information on year, equipment spec etc etc so that I can get a direction for the refurb but I can't find squat. I'm hoping one of you bike afficiado's can help me out or at least point me in the right direction.

It has a bit of rust in a few places so I'm looking at getting Argos Cycles to clean up the frame and forks and then give a respray (green me thinks) but I want to start getting the parts required and don't know where to start.

I have attached a few photo's in the hope that someone recognises the bike or can at least give me some direction as to where I can f find out some information.

I hope i've done the pictures right!

Please Help.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You can ask Bianchi questions here and get more answers.

Banned forever.....or not
    It should have a sticker saying what sort of tubeset it's made from. It should have another sticker saying if it's a "Racing Department" frame.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I see the remnants of a "Made in Taiwan" sticker which, after the demise of Japanese manufacture, was the source of entry to mid-level Bianchis. Tig-welded, not a bad bike but no "great shakes" either. Probably make a good winter/foul weather/commuter type bike. Personally, I wouldn't throw a lot of money or effort at it.
    Anyone who believes there are no stupid questions never worked in a bike shop.