Huckin' trails

Date this Peugeot Super Sport

My brother is starting into road biking and he will be using this Peugeot as a starter bike for this season. The bike was own by his godfather since new, and when he died 3 years ago, my brother took it home. At that time the bike was functional and I guess it should still be.

We're planning on stripping it down to clean and lube and get it back together. Out of curiosity did anyone know which year is this bike ? I would guess around late 70's and early 80's. Canadian Peugeot Super Sport with Simplex drivetrain I think. I'll probably upgrade the brakes too. Weight in at 31.15 pounds as pictured.

Thanks very much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Date this Peugeot Super Sport-dscn0141_web.jpg   Date this Peugeot Super Sport-dscn0144_web.jpg   Date this Peugeot Super Sport-dscn0145_web.jpg   Date this Peugeot Super Sport-dscn0146_web.jpg   Date this Peugeot Super Sport-dscn0147_web.jpg  

Date this Peugeot Super Sport-dscn0148_web.jpg   Date this Peugeot Super Sport-dscn0149_web.jpg   Date this Peugeot Super Sport-dscn0150_web.jpg   Date this Peugeot Super Sport-dscn0151_web.jpg   Date this Peugeot Super Sport-dscn0154_web.jpg  

Date this Peugeot Super Sport-dscn0156_web.jpg  

Devoid of all flim-flam
    Early to mid 1970's. The big tip-offs are the five speed rear cluster and very few braze-ons on the frame...not even ones for the water bottle holder. A bike boom bike. Have fun with it.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.