RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012

Does anyone have a spare Mavic reflex SUP UB clincher rim?

Maybe this fits into the retro - classic section, maybe not?! Unfortuantely hit a ridciulously large pothole today and ended up cracking the side wall on my Mavic rear rim. As the front one is in basically brand new condition, I'm looking for a replacement 32 holer for the rear. I know these were made in the 90s and can provide more details if needs be, all I can find on ebay etc is tubulars unless I want to spend silly amounts of money and have it shipped from the USA. Anyone out there got one lying around?

old school drop out
    Quote Originally Posted by funk_dynamite View Post
    ...unless I want to spend silly amounts of money and have it shipped from the USA. Anyone out there got one lying around?
    What are some of the parts of the world were it would not be "silly expensive"?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Leeds, England? Only kidding, would consier having oen shipped over but theres the cost of shipping + the cost of the actual item to think about. Someone had a rim but they wanted 100 + shipping costs which to me is ridiculous for a single rim

Hucken The Fard Up !
    I have a gray one 32h lightly used and a shop in St. Gallen has one new one and several other retro rims

I am in Switzerland though
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Hi Salsa. That sounds pretty good. How much would you be looking for including shipping? I think it's the grey one I am after actually looking at the ones on my bike. Could you send a photo?

Cheers

Hucken The Fard Up !
    check out here, this is the shop that had new rims

http://www.brocky.ch/Velo_Ersatzteil...gen_Renner.htm

mine is the same just used a bit

If you want mine I could sell it cheap but you know shipping charges will be high as a rim will make a big package
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Great stuff PM sent