POC
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2017

Estate sale find : 2 Look Bernard Hinault Reynolds 753 bikes

Hello , New guy here ... I hope it's OK for me to post this as this forum seems to have the most knowledgeable people on these bikes.
    I'm not much of a rider but I do buy some vintage / collectible bikes to resell for some extra $. That being said , I knew enough to grab these 2 bikes from an estate sale a few days ago . From
    what I can tell they are both original 1986 - 1987 Look Bernard Hinault Reynolds 753 bikes.
    The
    Bernard Hinault Equipe has a serial # of B55S4 , Which I believe makes it the 4th built of that size. It has Campy dropouts & headset & Mavic components.
    The other appears to be approx. 60-61cm. From the few hours of online research I have done , there does not appear to be many of these that exist . I stumbled across a 1987 Look catalog online and it is in there. They show it as a "Prestige KR 65 " model. The serial # on the BB looks like 3109 , No other #'s that I see. It has Dura Ace components and Mavic Helium wheelset.
    These will both be up for sale once I am able to determine value and if I should sell them as they sit or part them out. Any help and / or info is appreciated !
    Estate sale find : 2 Look Bernard Hinault Reynolds 753 bikes-look-1.jpgEstate sale find : 2 Look Bernard Hinault Reynolds 753 bikes-look.jpg

a real member's member
    nice bikes. build up the one that fits, and ride the sht out of it.
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Nice find!

Reynolds 753 was the choice of many pros in the 80's and not all that common on "general public" bikes from that era. Bikes in 753 tend to fetch a little more than a similar one in say, 531 or Columbus SL/SLX. I have a Merckx Pro in 753 and it's a sweet ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    I like the components on the 55.. if you think about parting it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POC
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2017
    Thanks , Since getting them I have learned that these bikes are pretty rare and the 753 frames are quite popular. I just need to figure out a ballpark value so I can get them up for sale and into the hands of someone who will appreciate them and ride them !

POC
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2017
    If I do part them out they will probably go to eBay , But I'll make it aware here . I'm leaning towards keeping them complete.

POC
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2017
    Thanks , I'm not really a rider. Just trying to get info on value etc... and get them up for sale .

RoadBikeReview Member
    The frames alone are worth $200+. I'm betting $400+, if in decent condition. How much did you buy them for?

I often go to estate sales, but NEVER see a bike as good as these!
    I'm upping my standards;
    Up yours!

POC
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2017
    I don't want to disclose what I paid but I got a pretty good deal... There were some extra parts , etc.. included as well.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Just in case you don't have experience selling bikes - you will get more by parting the bike out unless it's a classic with OEM or complete uniform appropriate spec'ed parts.

I would think a 753 frame/fork from a quality builder in good condition should fetch $300-500 on eBay.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Definitely sell it parted out. Vintage parts esp' in primo condition for the right buyer will get more than the frame. Take your time and clean everything up before you put them up for sale. In a way I'm sad to see complete bikes not get ridden but then again it's like a donor body giving life to many other people. good luck. Oh how much is it worth? everything and nothing to the right or wrong people. Auction is the only way to know the current market price.