cmg
    RoadBikeReview Member

Fondriest Status questions

Does anyone have any idea the age of this bike? I believe it was made in the mid 90's. Was this the model fondriest sold before the status recieved the carbon rear end? any Status owners that could tell me how it rides, what steel it was built from? any info would be appreciated.
    cmg
    Last edited by cmg; 05-04-2005 at 10:35 AM. Reason: photo trouble

jhr
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002

some help

Based on the assumption that the fork on the bike is oem, I think you have to assume the bike frame is newer than the mid nineties. Ahead stems for road bikes really took off in the 98-99 time frame (I have an old Cycle Sport from early 99 showing pro teams and bikes and only about 2/3rds are on threadless stem set ups) time frame. 1 1/8 inch started to take over road bikes shortly there after 2000 ish.

So assuming that is an oem 1" threadless fork on you status the frame should date to the 1997-2000 time frame.

jhr

cmg
    RoadBikeReview Member

some questions answered

Quote Originally Posted by jhr
    Based on the assumption that the fork on the bike is oem, I think you have to assume the bike frame is newer than the mid nineties. Ahead stems for road bikes really took off in the 98-99 time frame (I have an old Cycle Sport from early 99 showing pro teams and bikes and only about 2/3rds are on threadless stem set ups) time frame. 1 1/8 inch started to take over road bikes shortly there after 2000 ish.

So assuming that is an oem 1" threadless fork on you status the frame should date to the 1997-2000 time frame.

jhr
    there is a bike very sinmilar to this one on eBay that started last night and it is a 2002. So i now assume that this one is of that year, but the eBay one had a carbon reynolds fork. the fondriest site is like most manufactuer's websites is only concerned with providing info. on this years model. it's as if last year didn't exist and the company started on jan 01, 05. still don't have a clue what tubing it's made of.. never seen a threadless steel fork. thanks for the info.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005
    I am currently building up a NOS all-steel Fondriest Status frame that is similar to the sale bike you asked about. My frame is from 1998 or 99 and has a threaded fork. The tubing is Dedacciai EOM 16.5 and the frame is very light for steel. The frame in the picture you posted may be of slightly later vintage since it seems to have a threadless fork.

Ask me about the ride in a few weeks!