slow and fat
    Jan 2011

LeMond Maillot Jaune TSX

Hello, I am new here. Looking for some info on a bike I have. Its a 56cm Lemond like the title says. I am guessing late 80's early 90's. Stamped 56 and TX in the bottom bracket. It is in pretty nice shape with no dents and pretty nice paint for its age. Built up with 10 speed dura ace. Rides great but a little to big for me. Thinking of selling it but would not know what to ask for it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Can you post some pictures? And what is the full serial number?

slow and fat
    Jan 2011

Well apparently I do not know how to upload pictures on here from my computer. If you really want pics email me and I will send them that way. Here is a photo I found on google images that looks to be the same frame. Mine has a red fork though.

Serial number appears to be 070286. Imported by 10 speed imports. I got it from a friend of mines dad. He purchased it new. It has been through a few groups over the years. Love the bike but it is just too large for me. Would keep it if it was a 54cm. I do not know what the rules are but if this turns into an offer from someone I will gladly pay classified fees. I really am just posting to get an idea of what it is worth to help me decide if I want to part with it or keep it as shop art.

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    I can only tell you what I would do. I'd get it repainted/restored by someone like Joe Bell. TSX frames go for a nice sum on the Bay of Evil, especially if they're in great shape. Plus, you've got a pre-Trek Lemond, there, and they tend to be attractive to collectors and retro steel folks. I've seen some go for $500 USD-plus. Totally restored and with the right buyer, it could go for more. The thing to remember is that the economy stinks, so there are no guarantees. You may not get your money out of it if you have is repainted, so keep that in mind.

slow and fat
    Jan 2011
    Thanks. My frame is in better shape than the one in the picture but not in perfect shape. I'll think about it. Probably end up keeping it as wall art for now I guess.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    Probably made by Billato in Italy (as were the Ten Speed Drive Tomasso's - not to be confused with the internet basura under that name now). I have a TSX frame and it's a stellar ride.

Whatever you do, don't give it away. It's likely a great frameset.
    Anyone who believes there are no stupid questions never worked in a bike shop.

slow and fat
    Jan 2011
    Dragging up my old thread. Decided to part with the frame and have it listed in the classifieds now.