Thread: lotus Classique

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010

lotus Classique

I have a Lotus Classique that is sitting in my garage and unfortunately is way to big for me. I have done some research and know that Lotus bikes were made in China or Japan. This one was mad in Japan and has a Tange 2 frame with Shimano 600 group set. I believe it even has the original bar tape. I am thinking about selling it and have searched around and only found a couple craigslist postings listing the bike for 250 to 300. Is this a realistic price to ask on craigslist or am I better off going the ebay route?

On your left!

Good Bike

Lotus will bring a better price for someone looking for a Lotus. The way things go on craigslist, your asking price is not unreasonable. The Tange2 tubing is quite nice. The components, if in good shape, would also be popular.

As far as ebay vs craigslist, I always try to go local first. If you know what you have and what price to ask, you keep more of your money on craigslist.

If you go the ebay route, I'd suggest parting it all out and selling parts. But you gotta have the right tools and time to do it right.

Post some pics with sizes and you may get some interest here.
    Not in the mood?! Mood's a thing for cattle and love play... not fighting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    What size is it? Post some pix.