banned

my 1st "retro-classic" ebay purchase (early 70's nuovo record pedals)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Campagno...QQcmdZViewItem

What do you think? I can't wait to get them. They're going on a 1990 cannondale 3.0 that will be 95% Campy (and hopefully someday 100%). Stuff pulled from my Ciocc that's gonna be a future frankenbike single speed(the ciocc has a small dent in the top tube that was bugging me so I decided to strip it).

What quill style pedals did campy have in the 70's and early 80's?

Nuovo Record
    Super Record
    Record?

What were the differences? Especially bw Nuovo and Super? I always wanted some true Campy quill pedals (most campy copies just don't cut it, bent axles, bent cages, crappy bearings) and now I'm getting some.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    in a nutshell: early 70's steel cage all chrome would be Record. yours are Super Leggeri, alloy cages, steel axels, I believe would also be considered Nuovo Record. ture Super Record would have same cages but with titanium axels. i'm sure there's lots of other arcane differences that the Campy experts could add to that.

me, I'll stick with modern Pro Fits on all my vintage bikes. will never go back to platforms and clips.

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    Those look like the genuine articles. In the early 70's they went for $80 to $100. I can't remember when Super Records came out, but I think it was late 70's or early 80's.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.