RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009

Prologue - Winning!

I normally don't do this, but: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I just snagged it for a really nice price. Its my size, and will go great with my Paramounts and Super Sport. I'm a Schwinn-o-phile, and I have always regretted not buying a Prologue back in my racing days - a great frame for a great price, back in the day.

I'm probably going to get a nice summer school job not far from where I live (I'm a teacher), and I'll ride this puppy to work after building her up, or perhaps I'll ride the Lemond on other days. Its nice to have choices like these. Any component recommendations? The rear spread may limit my choices, but other than that, any ideas on what would look great aesthetically with this grey fade frame? I want her to ride well but also to look great. Like Fernando used to say, "It doesn't matter how you feel, only how you woook!"

Thanks!

Robert

banned from the museum
    Aug 2007
    I always liked the look of the Shimano 105-600 groups from that era.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    I like your thinking, Idaho. 600EX was my first real road group.

Maybe Sante? It would look interesting with that grey paint.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2007
    Nice score. Outside of the small dents, this looks to be in real good condition. I bought one a few years back and restored it with NOS Sante, Mavic MA-40's Cinelli bar and stem, American Classic post and Regal saddle. Mine was the Red and White fade.

I think yours would look great with period correct Dura Ace with some Open 4's.

Here's a shot of mine. I always love the opportunity to show her off.

Enjoy your project!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prologue - Winning!-dscn4380%5B1%5D.jpg  

Decrepit Member
    Terrific score!! I've always considered the Prologue to be world class. It's my size, too.
    -Stan
    my bikes

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    It showed up right on time a few weeks back. This is seriously one great looking frame. I like that its in the grey, since hardly anyone bought that paint scheme. I may do a neo-retro build on this one. I usually hate the charcoal grey and black look that modern components have, but they may look good on this frame. Bank balance permitting, we shall see!