Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 13141516 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Hi tka. That's one nice bike too!! It looks very well proportioned - my fear was that the seatpost would be too long and the proportions all blurred, but that's not the case at all.

How long is the seatpost you've mounted? 350mm?

tka
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LeFrere View Post
    How long is the seatpost you've mounted? 350mm?
    That is a 350mm seatpost, but just shy of 200mm is in the frame. It is one of the only things I don't like about how I built the bike. It is a Ritchey WCS one-bolt 20mm offset seatpost, and no amount of cleaning/lubing/tightening will stop the saddle rails from creaking in the clamp.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    :-/ - I bought the same seatpost (25mm offset). Is it carbon rails or alu/steel rails?

tka
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    It's a Selle Italia SLR Flow with Vanox (Vanadium-Ti) rails. I tried a Ritchey saddle with CrN/Ti rails and it creaked. And slid in the clamp unless it was torqued well past the recommended 12nm.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Just a short update to all of you fine Ritchey riders out there on my sizing issue: By the time I was about to hit "Check-out" on Bike-components.de size 55cm was sold out :-(.

In slight panic, I immediately asked them when they would have it back on stock and they replied that a new Road Logic will be relased in 2017 - most likely in spring - so no more Logic 2.0 in 55cm in all of Europe.

I have seen that Ritchey-Dave sometimes posts in here so maybe he could update us on the 2017 model they're about to release?

Merry Christmas everyone.

/LF

tka
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LeFrere View Post
    In slight panic, I immediately asked them when they would have it back on stock and they replied that a new Road Logic will be relased in 2017 - most likely in spring - so no more Logic 2.0 in 55cm in all of Europe.
    So will this be a carbon road logic, similar to what he did with the Breakaway? Whatever the change is, I hope he fixed the frame so Campag chainsets can be used on it. And it has space for 28mm tires.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2016
    Hello, yet another Road Logic sizing question I'm afraid!

I'm looking at getting a Road Logic, but I think I might be in-between the 57cm and 59cm size. I am 6ft 1" with very long arms and legs (monkey arms as my wife says) but a short torso.

I currently ride an XL Cinelli Experience (2012), which is a 59cm. Actual seat-tube (to top of frame) is 57cm, head tube is 20.5cm and top tube is 58cm. I had a bikefit and run a 140cm stem. The centre of bottom bracket to top of saddle measurement is 84cm.

I'm thinking I need a 59cm, with a shorter stem, but looking at the measurements the 57cm could *just* fit, and have the advantage of smaller frame.

Thoughts?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    This "smaller frame" trend has got to go. People look ridiculous with all that rakish, saddle to bar drop. Comfort trumps aero every time, and aero is over-rated to begin with.

Get the 59.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Hey guys - I think I owe you an update here.

Long story short: I managed to get the 55cm through Bike24.com but the price had risen from some 900EUR to 1.000EUR. I guess it's due to the fact that the dollar has risen sharply during Nov-Dec. and that's why they said the current Ritchey 2.0 would be discontinued (?). There are no signs of a new model anywhere in cyberspace....

Anyhow - the build looks like this and it's absolutely stunning to look at. Since winter has a firm grip on Denmark I haven' been able to take it for a spin yet, but as soon as I have the chance I'm off on the tarmac......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Ritchey Road Logic-ritchey-55.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    Your bike is nicely sized. Ritchey frames are a sleeper and a bargain.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2016
    Looks great.
    You wont be disappointed.
    I've sold a couple of bikes lately, having a bit of a clear out, and I've even toyed with selling my old beloved Bianchi Mega Pro L from 1998, and my Six13 from 2005.
    It has never crossed my mind to part with the Ritchey.

See how I feel about it in 20 years time maybe.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Cheers guys. Can't wait until the weather improves. It's torture having a new bike but being unable to ride it ;-)

/LF

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2017
    Can anyone upload pics of Ritchey RL build? Just ordered the frame and would like to get some inspiration for the build.

Poked around the forum - for some odd reason am not able to look at most of the attachments - maybe there is a retention policy for pictures.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Hi Hardik77 and congrats on the purchase. You won't be disappointed!

Here's my RRL with following specs:
    Full Dura Ace (7700+7800)
    SRAM PC1091R chain
    Ultegra pedals
    Shimano RS81 wheels w. Michelin PRO4 tires
    Ritchey carbon seatpost - one bolt
    Cosine carbon saddle (Wiggle's own brand)
    Ritchey alloy stem 110mm, 220 degrees
    Ritchey carbon handlebar
    Ritchey bar tape w. Hope Grip Doctors (silver)
    HOPE bottom bracket (silver)
    ELITE bottle cage
    JAGWIRE cable kit

Rides like a dream!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Ritchey Road Logic-ritchey-55-full..jpg  

tka
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Here's mine:
    2014 Record Chainset
    2015 Chorus RD/FD/Lever
    2008 Chorus Brakes
    Record Hubs w/Belgium Plus rims
    Ritchey WCS Stem
    Ritchey WCS Streem II bars
    Ritchey WCS Alloy Single-Bolt Post
    Salsa SS water bottle cages

Attachment 318052

One note of caution: Several have reported that Campag chainsets don't fit the Road Logic frameset. Mine clears the chainstay but only by 1-2 mm.

tka
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Overheard at a recent bicycle industry event: The next Ritchey Road Logic frame will be available in blue. Don't know if the grey is going away or if there are other changes, but I did hear it will be blue.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by tka View Post
    Overheard at a recent bicycle industry event: The next Ritchey Road Logic frame will be available in blue. Don't know if the grey is going away or if there are other changes, but I did hear it will be blue.
    Any idea when the new frame might be coming out? Most sizes of the current RL are out of stock in the UK...

tka
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by careymatt View Post
    Any idea when the new frame might be coming out? Most sizes of the current RL are out of stock in the UK...
    My source shows that they expect them in stock in early July. If history is any guide they'll miss that date by a couple of months.
    They also show that the new frame as a "Road Logic" whereas the old frame is described as a "WCS Road Logic." New manufacturer's part numbers are also shown.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2016
    My source shows that they expect them in stock in early July. If history is any guide they'll miss that date by a couple of months.
    They also show that the new frame as a "Road Logic" whereas the old frame is described as a "WCS Road Logic." New manufacturer's part numbers are also shown.
    Interesting. I wonder if the new one will be a disc version, and they maybe keep the current one...

Anyway, I'm still after the current Road Logic if I can find one in stock. Only problem is sizing as I'm in between the 57 and 59 I reckon, comparing my current XL Cinelli XPerience.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    Any more info on the "other changes" front? In particular, re tire clearance? Or timing?

The internet is for rumors, keep 'em coming.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2016
    It's out! Here's the new color, Skyline Blue, and they said that it's a new Road Logic that now can take 30c tires: https://ritcheylogic.com/road-logic-...t-skyline-blue

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tlkris View Post
    It's out! Here's the new color, Skyline Blue, and they said that it's a new Road Logic that now can take 30c tires: https://ritcheylogic.com/road-logic-...t-skyline-blue
    NO NO NO. That is perfect, I like the color a lot, and I just locked in a much pricier deal on a custom frame.

tka
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    As predicted, the current in-stock dates are now showing late July. I'd guess September will be the actual availability date. And they are now showing the frame as a "Comp Road Logic" where-as the previous frame was a WCS Road Logic. Is a new high-end frame in the works?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2015
    As predicted, the current in-stock dates are now showing late July. I'd guess September will be the actual availability date. And they are now showing the frame as a "Comp Road Logic" where-as the previous frame was a WCS Road Logic. Is a new high-end frame in the works?
    Could the Comp label be related to the build rather than the frame? The new Road Logic complete bicycle is finished with Shimano 105 while the old was finished with Ultegra.

tka
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ceugene View Post
    Could the Comp label be related to the build rather than the frame? The new Road Logic complete bicycle is finished with Shimano 105 while the old was finished with Ultegra.
    Could be, but I was looking at bare frames, not completed bikes, and the Comp name was present. It wouldn't be the first time they had information wrong. (I'm not looking at the Ritchey site but at some dealer only info.)

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 13141516 LastLast