Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

New Ritchey Road Logic

Ritchey Dave, can you share some of the spec on the 2012 production version of the Logic Road frame/fork? Geometry (including bb drop) for each size? Are the fork legs and/or steerer steel or carbon? BB shell format? Will Excel have them in July?

The pics from NAHBS show a color that looks to be a charcoal. Is this the color for the production run coming?

Ritchey Design Rep
    The 2012 Ritchey Road Logic will share a lot of the same spec as the SwissCross that we've recently released: heat treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic II tubing, standard english BB, forged and machined integrated head tube. They will come with a painted to match Ritchey Pro Logic road fork which is full carbon. The frame you saw at NAHBS is pretty much exactly what they'll look like. And yes, our buddies at Excel Sports will be carrying them.

We're extremely excited about this frame, I've been testing one out for a few weeks and two words come to mind, buttery smooth.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

Ritchey Design Rep
    Geometry for the new Ritchey Road Logic

Estimated first delivery is August

Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Hi Dave, eagerly awaiting the re-release of the road logic. I bought my first one in 1997 and definitely regret selling it, but I was young and I needed the money.

Are there any more pictures of this frameset?

Thank you, Yash Katsumi.

Ritchey Design Rep
    No new pictures yet, but I'll make sure to post them as soon as I do.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Thank you!

Also, is there a weight for the 51cm frameset?

Domokun!
    Any pics yet?
    " The ability to purchase an expensive bicycle does not make you a cyclist! "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    is this made in US or other country, is it tig welded or fillet brazed?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by yashashana View Post
    Thank you!

Also, is there a weight for the 51cm frameset?
    No weights yet, but you can count on them being slightly lighter than the SwissCross.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by framesti View Post
    is this made in US or other country, is it tig welded or fillet brazed?
    Made in Taiwan by Tom's hand selected tig welders of choice.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep

More on the Ritchey Road Logic Frame

More on the Ritchey Road Logic frame!

CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF RITCHEY STEEL: Tom Ritchey built his first road frame 40 years ago and went on to bring numerous innovations to the craft. The 2012 Road Logic carries many of the subtleties and details gleaned from Tom’s vast experience with steel frames.

A MODERN CLASSIC: Tom designed an all-new, heat-treated and triple-butted Ritchey Logic tubeset for the new Road Logic, featuring aggressively short butted sections optimized for TIG welding that save weight and improve ride quality. Ritchey’s proprietary forged and machined integrated head tube uses standard drop-in bearings and saves 80 grams over a standard head tube design.

QUALITY STEEL WITH REAL-WORLD FEATURES: Frames are handmade in Asia by a frame builder qualified by Tom Ritchey himself. And with room for 700x28c tires and classic Ritchey geometry, the Road Logic is ideally suited for long, epic days in the saddle on roads that are not always paved and still nimble and stiff enough to take the county line sprint at the end of the day.

SIZE: 49, 51, 53, 55, 57, 59cm
    WEIGHT: 3.9lbs (55cm)
    MSRP: $1299.99
    ETA: Late August
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nothing larger then a 59?
    building up yet another bike my wife won't want in the garage

Ritchey Design Rep
    Not at this time.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thank you for the reply. here's hoping
    building up yet another bike my wife won't want in the garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Probably not but i figured I'd ask just in case. Di2 integration possible as a option or one off extra?

I'm planning on doing all internal electronic cabling and battery inside seatpost.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

Smile Excited

I check Excel every day to see if the new Road Logic shows up.I've got a 15 yr old Logic with steel fork that still rides great but it would be nice to give it a stable mate!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hanging question I never got around to asking. In an interview Tom said he used a 1 inch headtube but 1-1/8th inch steerer. Can anyone explain what he meant by that?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by agravic View Post
    Probably not but i figured I'd ask just in case. Di2 integration possible as a option or one off extra?

I'm planning on doing all internal electronic cabling and battery inside seatpost.
    That's unfortunately not something we're capable of doing. If you want it bad enough I'll bet you can convince a framebuilder to help you out.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruck View Post
    Hanging question I never got around to asking. In an interview Tom said he used a 1 inch headtube but 1-1/8th inch steerer. Can anyone explain what he meant by that?
    Good question! Most headtubes have a larger diameter (1 1/8") to accommodate headset cups to be pressed in and still allow the steer tube to move freely. Since we integrated the cups into the headtube and removed the redundant material of the cups, there was no need for the tube to be as large. A smaller tube (1") with thicker walls would be lighter and stronger, two things we as cyclist can never have enough of. Thus, making everything we love about steel frames even lighter.

Hope that answers your question.

Dave
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    So it is a 1" or 1.125" steerer?

Looks nice!

RoadBikeReview Member

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    Good question! Most headtubes have a larger diameter (1 1/8") to accommodate headset cups to be pressed in and still allow the steer tube to move freely. Since we integrated the cups into the headtube and removed the redundant material of the cups, there was no need for the tube to be as large. A smaller tube (1") with thicker walls would be lighter and stronger, two things we as cyclist can never have enough of. Thus, making everything we love about steel frames even lighter.

Hope that answers your question.

Dave
    Ah, makes sense. Overlooked that a given 1-1/8" head tube profile is usually dictated by the bearings that are much wider than the steerer itself. I was initially just too fixated on just the quantitative terminology.

So if I'm catching on right...the bearings' outer races are fixed into the head tube, and all that gets replaced (if ever necessary) is just the inner races and ball bearings from an existing kit?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

Red face New ETA ?

Look the Aug. eta has fallen by the wayside. Any new ETA?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by jneilt View Post
    So it is a 1" or 1.125" steerer?

Looks nice!
    Standard 1.125". Keep in mind it comes with a matching Ritchey fork and headset.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruck View Post
    Ah, makes sense. Overlooked that a given 1-1/8" head tube profile is usually dictated by the bearings that are much wider than the steerer itself. I was initially just too fixated on just the quantitative terminology.

So if I'm catching on right...the bearings' outer races are fixed into the head tube, and all that gets replaced (if ever necessary) is just the inner races and ball bearings from an existing kit?
    Yeah, it uses sealed bearings so it's really just cups that are fixed to the headtube. Servicing would be simply popping in new sealed 41.8 (IS 42/28.6) bearings and inner races.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by dougrocky123 View Post
    Look the Aug. eta has fallen by the wayside. Any new ETA?
    Yeah, unfortunately they've been delayed a little. New ETA is end of October.
    Dave Law

Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast