Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    Aww man! Thanks a lot teoteoteo.
    No worries our frames hit the shop today. Glad to have them and thankful Sean and Nate got us on the list for the first batch.
    Last edited by teoteoteo; 12-17-2011 at 12:47 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Ordered mine today! can't wait
    Last edited by danlate; 01-05-2012 at 07:18 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Any chance they'll be available in 60cm? Sweet frame, but a 58 would be a bit small for me.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpStart View Post
    Any chance they'll be available in 60cm? Sweet frame, but a 58 would be a bit small for me.
    We'll be offering a 59 but no 60, sorry.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    Not a travesty at all. We're in the process of designing one. Release date is unknown though.
    That's what I'm looking for as well!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007

sizing question, don't shoot me...

Dave, I'm 6'00, 32" inseam and live nowhere near a stocking Ritchey dealer. I ride 19" MTB and 56 road bikes. My current road frame is a large Look 585 (sized at 55ish).

The GEO on that frame is not an easy read with the actual and effective top tube lengths being reverse to what I'm used to.

Here's the Q. Would the 55 be too small? I'd rather jack a post up a bit then have too big a frame...

Ritchey Design Rep
    Ha! I won't shoot you but I can't really say what would be best for you. Here's a close frame of reference though, our Marketing Manager is 5'11", almost 6', with a 32 inseam, he's been riding a 57cm which fits him perfectly with no super long stem or over extended seatpost. Hope that helps you a little in your decision.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006

Swiss Cross

Hey there,

Mine has arrived in Toronto!

Just wondering if you can refer me to where to get the Ritchey Carbon Wheel and what model they are?

Also, what type of BB and what brakes are in the inter bike pictures?

Can't wait to get her built up!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarleySpoke View Post
    Hey there,

Mine has arrived in Toronto!

Also, what type of BB and what brakes are in the inter bike pictures?

Can't wait to get her built up!
    Congrats! Poor Ritchey Dave havin' to field all these questions. He can answer the wheel question, but the brakes are TRP Eurox Mags in white. Since the crank is a SRAM Force, I'm 99% sure the BB is is a SRAM GXP.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Yeah the BB is a SRAM GXP.

We make a few different carbon wheels. I'll try and explain them in a nut shell. We start with the Pro Apex Carbon 38mm clincher. This more affordable carbon wheel weighs a little more than the others but it has a nice alloy brake surface and an attractive price. The WCS Apex comes in either a 46cm clincher, a 50mm tubular, or a 88mm tubular. These are great race wheels that we've found to be the perfect balance of weight savings and durability. And finally there's our ultra high end wheelset The Superlogic Carbon, which has a 46mm rim depth and comes in either a clincher or tubular. They're some of the lightest wheels out there and ride amazingly well. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions.
    Dave Law

Serotta User
    What is the wheelbase for the swiss cross (size 55?). I'm trying to compare with a Mt Cross 20 inch

On paper, this geometry appears quite different. Completely different bikes/handling? Running the numbers, swiss cross compared to mt cross: TT shorter by 2-3 cm, ST longer by cm, HT longer by 4 cm, BB drop more by 13 mm, same angles and chainstay.
    S P L I T

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by split View Post
    What is the wheelbase for the swiss cross (size 55?). I'm trying to compare with a Mt Cross 20 inch

On paper, this geometry appears quite different. Completely different bikes/handling? Running the numbers, swiss cross compared to mt cross: TT shorter by 2-3 cm, ST longer by cm, HT longer by 4 cm, BB drop more by 13 mm, same angles and chainstay.
    The wheelbase of the Ritchey SwissCross is 101.8cm. The geometry between it and the MountainCross differ due to their intended uses. The MountainCross is before my time here at Ritchey, but from what I understand it was basically a mountain bike built to hold 700c wheels. It was designed for mountain bikers wanting larger diameter wheels. The SwissCross geometry, however, is purely for cyclocross racing.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    Would it be possible/reliable/beneficial to run tubeless between the WCS apex 46 CM clincher and your speedmax pro tires on the Swisscross?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Dave what is the head tube length of the 53 cm?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by noahknoll View Post
    Would it be possible/reliable/beneficial to run tubeless between the WCS apex 46 CM clincher and your speedmax pro tires on the Swisscross?
    Sorry for the late reply. While you can convert the WCS Apex to tubeless (note you'd probably need a valve extender), the Speedmax is not a tubeless tire. From my understanding Hutchinson has the best selection of tubeless tires at the moment. I can't really comment on the benefits of running a tubeless setup for cross, as I've yet to try it and it's still pretty new If you decide to do it, definitely share your thoughts.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by ttvrdik View Post
    Dave what is the head tube length of the 53 cm?
    Headtube length for a 53 is 130mm.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Hi Dave,

I am trying to get my hands on a Ritchey Swiss Cross frame. The first tranche that came to Australia has already sold out. There are additoinal frames now on back order slated for delivery in Feb 2013. I have put my hand up for one of these. However before committing I am interested to understand where Ritchey are up to with respect to Discs. An earlier comment by Dave suggested that Ritchey are working on them. Could you provide indicative timing ie 2013 or 2014. If production is close ie next 6 months then I will hold off but if they are say two years away then I don't think I can wait.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    I've got a 55cm swiss cross which has never been ridden and is spotless. I bought it in 2011 from a bike shop that imported it around 2009. Not a mark on it. I don't know where you are but am visiting Australia and NZ Jan-Mar 2013 and I could bring it with me. Frame only $2700.. complete bike.. negotiable.

John

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by cruickster View Post
    Hi Dave,

I am trying to get my hands on a Ritchey Swiss Cross frame. The first tranche that came to Australia has already sold out. There are additoinal frames now on back order slated for delivery in Feb 2013. I have put my hand up for one of these. However before committing I am interested to understand where Ritchey are up to with respect to Discs. An earlier comment by Dave suggested that Ritchey are working on them. Could you provide indicative timing ie 2013 or 2014. If production is close ie next 6 months then I will hold off but if they are say two years away then I don't think I can wait.
    Sorry to hear you have such a wait on your hands. As far as a disc version, you've got some time, no ETA has been established yet.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Thanks Dave for the prompt reply. I appreciate someone from Ritchey being so involved. 3 months is not too long a wait as it gives me time to plan the build. Cheers Andrew

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Hi John, thanks for the offer but I'll give it a miss. I'd rather deal locally so if there are any problems I have a full warranty.
    PS you mention that a bike shop imported it (your swiss cross) around 2009. I didn't think that these went into production until 2011? Anyway enjoy your trip to Australia and NZ.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by cruickster View Post
    Thanks Dave for the prompt reply. I appreciate someone from Ritchey being so involved. 3 months is not too long a wait as it gives me time to plan the build. Cheers Andrew
    No problem Andrew. Make sure to post pics once it's all built.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have been lucky and unlucky with Ritchey Cross frameset's!
    1st I got a Swiss Cross, I loved it But it was a size too small!
    Then I got (after looking for a bigger Swiss Cross) a Mountain Cross! I find a new one in the USA in (about) 2008, But it was a size TOO Big!
    Well Well!
    I ordered my 3rd one last week (after trying a friend's new 53 Swiss Cross) I have to wait until next year for the next shipment
    It last after having My 1st Swiss Cross back in 2000 I will have a Ritchey in My size! (I hope)

NZPeterG

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dave,
    Any planned changes for 2013, ie-color?

Thx

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by 89dk View Post
    Dave,
    Any planned changes for 2013, ie-color?

Thx
    2013 will have the same color scheme.You don't want a red bike?!
    Dave Law

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast