Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 25262728 LastLast
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean.p.sullivan View Post
    In relation to the above issue with the link clamp adapter, I have quite quickly received a free clamp in the post from the UK distributor who in fairness seem to recognise there is a teething issue with this new product. This followed on from an email from the European Ritchey manager in connection with this posting here. Thank you.
    Glad to hear you got taken care of.

FYI, as of now all US Vector Evo saddles now come with the Vector Evo clamp. So all that's required is the purchase of a Ritchey Link seatpost and Vector Evo saddle.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2014
    My freewheel hub has been flushed and greased but still grinds so the bearings are apparently damaged. My bike shop tried to get a replacement but the one I have is out of production and unavailable. What info off of my Zero System hub do you need to check to see if there is anything available to replace the freewheel hub without having to replace the whole hub?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by DRichert View Post
    My freewheel hub has been flushed and greased but still grinds so the bearings are apparently damaged. My bike shop tried to get a replacement but the one I have is out of production and unavailable. What info off of my Zero System hub do you need to check to see if there is anything available to replace the freewheel hub without having to replace the whole hub?
    Unfortunately there's no easy way to determine which generation Ritchey hub you have. I'm working on have the marketing department put up a hub ID page to our website. If you're in a hurry you can bring it to any authorized Ritchey dealer and have them contact our tech department. We often times have replacement freehub bodies and bearings that could get you back up and running.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2014
    Hi Ritchey Dave

A question about road logic 2.0 geometry: the bike is available for monthes now and there's still no stack and reach specs. The road logic geom being being a bit unusual (frame seems longer than average), those specs would be highly appreciated.

Another point of interest would be tubings: Ritchey Logic website says that
    Tom designed an all-new, heat-treated and triple-butted Ritchey Logic tubeset for the new Road Logic, featuring aggressively short-butted sections optimized for TIG welding that save weight and improve ride quality
    Do I assume that, to be TIG-compliant, the tubeset is not air-hardened (like ie reynolds 853 or true temper OX platinum) but triple-butted ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2014
    About stack and reach data, Ritchey Dave just replied here New Ritchey Road Logic - Page 5.

Here it is:

Thank you Dave for being always being responsive.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Air hardened tube can be TIG welded and commonly has been for the past 10 years, builders from Lemond to Independent Fabrication and dozens more offered TIG welded, air-hardened 853 frames.

However Air Hardening can also make tubing brittle (and expensive). Quality heat-treated tubing like ours can offer a great ride, exceptional weight and durability at a great price. Part of what made Tom's frames so good early in his frame building career was his redesigning of TIG specific tubing. By giving them aggressively short butting, you could safely TIG weld an incredibly strong, yet light, frame.

Stack and reach measurements for the Ritchey Road Logic are below.
    Ritchey Road Logic Stack and Reach photo StackandReach_zps5f5d92ac.jpg
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Hi Dave,
    Just picked up a lightly used Breakaway Cross Ti, Frame Size 52. It didn't come with a fork so I was looking to purchase one of these two on ebay/bikewagon. The straight blade Pro has a 45 rake and the curved blade WCS has a 48 rake:

Ritchey Pro Carbon Cross Fork 700c 45mm Rake 1 1 8in Steerer | eBay

2010 Ritchey WCS Cyclocross Road Bicycle Fork 1 1 8 | eBay

Questions:
    1) What is the correct spec rake for the size 52 cross breakaway?
    2) The WCS desc states this fork " Fits integrated headset only". I have the original headset with breakaway frame. Would this be considered an "integrated headset": which could be used with this fork?
    3.1) Curve fork blades are generally known for absorbing more bumps and being more comfortable. Does the Ritchey Pro straight blade know for general comfort or would its forte be more quick, responsive steering?
    3.2) Im planning on taking this bike on the Flanders and Roubaix cobbles in a couple months-would the curved WCS fork provide better shock absorbtion than the straight bladed PRO ( provided the 48 rake will work on my size 52 breakaway)?

Thanks for your time!
    enrico

Ritchey Design Rep
    Questions:
    45mm

2) The WCS desc states this fork " Fits integrated headset only". I have the original headset with breakaway frame. Would this be considered an "integrated headset": which could be used with this fork?
    That is an old fork design that had a slightly larger steer tube at the base, making it not ideal for headtubes with cups pressed in. It's worked fine with Ritchey headsets but some other brands with varying tolerance have issues.

3.1) Curve fork blades are generally known for absorbing more bumps and being more comfortable. Does the Ritchey Pro straight blade know for general comfort or would its forte be more quick, responsive steering?
    This generally true, however the frame is designed to work with a 45mm rake fork. Veering away from that will absolutely affect the bikes handling, which some would say is not worth a few more degrees of compliance.

3.2) Im planning on taking this bike on the Flanders and Roubaix cobbles in a couple months-would the curved WCS fork provide better shock absorbtion than the straight bladed PRO ( provided the 48 rake will work on my size 52 breakaway)?
    I would stick with a 45mm rake fork and do some other things to help with dulling the cobbles. Try full carbon handlebars and an extra layer of bar tape.

Hope this helps, and make sure to tell us all how your trip goes.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Thanks Dave- extremely helpful! Went ahead and put the Pro straight blade 45 mm rake fork on order! Cheers! e

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    Questions:
    45mm

That is an old fork design that had a slightly larger steer tube at the base, making it not ideal for headtubes with cups pressed in. It's worked fine with Ritchey headsets but some other brands with varying tolerance have issues.

This generally true, however the frame is designed to work with a 45mm rake fork. Veering away from that will absolutely affect the bikes handling, which some would say is not worth a few more degrees of compliance.

I would stick with a 45mm rake fork and do some other things to help with dulling the cobbles. Try full carbon handlebars and an extra layer of bar tape.

Hope this helps, and make sure to tell us all how your trip goes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    Hi Dave

Are there any changes with the new paint-scheme BreakAway road frames? I have heard the downtube diameter has grown?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Worker View Post
    Hi Dave

Are there any changes with the new paint-scheme BreakAway road frames? I have heard the downtube diameter has grown?
    Correct. The only difference from the current model and older versions (other than paint scheme) is the downtube has gone from 31.8 to 34.9.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2014
    Hey Dave! Love the Ritchey Road Logic but I like to debadge my frames. Are the decals on the Road Logic under the clearcoat or can they be removed? Any information would be great!

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by skimone View Post
    Hey Dave! Love the Ritchey Road Logic but I like to debadge my frames. Are the decals on the Road Logic under the clearcoat or can they be removed? Any information would be great!
    WHAT?! Are you kidding?
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by skimone View Post
    Don't remove the decals because it may expire the warranty.
    Last edited by hamsik; 03-07-2014 at 12:56 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2014
    HAHA! It would probably be just the "Logic" on the top bar. I just like having the option (I am getting the frame regardless just wanted to know)

Ritchey Design Rep
    OK, that makes me feel a little better, however I believe they're all under a clear coat. So removal would be borderline getting it repainted. I'm still happy to hear you're planning on getting one. You'll love it.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    RD, could you tell me what is the correct fork rake for the Road Logic?
    Thanks

Ritchey Design Rep
    On the 55cm frame and up we use a 43mm rake fork. For 49-54cm frames we use a 45mm rake fork.
    Dave Law

cycling as lifestyle
    Hello RD,

where can I buy top cap spacer as seen in the attached image? It is a 25mm conical spacer for press fit headsets. I've searched all over to no avail.

Many thanks,

Nenad

Ritchey Rep here to answer all your questions!-ritchey_spacer.jpg

PMC
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    Hi Dave,
    How large of a tire can you run in the new WCS Carbon Cross V2 fork?
    Looking to put one on a cross frame that I can run 45mm tires on and am hoping for enough clearance. The rake and crown measurements are identical to the stock fork so I've got my fingers crossed I can run a big fattie!
    Thanks!!
    Pete

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by nenad View Post
    Hello RD,

where can I buy top cap spacer as seen in the attached image? It is a 25mm conical spacer for press fit headsets. I've searched all over to no avail.

Many thanks,

Nenad

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ritchey_spacer.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	292874

Unfortunately those are not made anymore.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    I just bought a Ritchey WCS 4 Axis stem (carbon UD),supposed to be 100mm length and bought from a retailer locally. Stem measures to basically 106mm, is that within the allowable length tolerance? It's practically a 110mm stem. I also have a Wet Red WCS stem on my roadbike in claimed 100mm length and it measures to 101mm (more what I would expect). I'm a little ticked because the carbon stem feels long on the bike now (not what I was expecting). Is that a warranty item?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Scary View Post
    I just bought a Ritchey WCS 4 Axis stem (carbon UD),supposed to be 100mm length and bought from a retailer locally. Stem measures to basically 106mm, is that within the allowable length tolerance? It's practically a 110mm stem. I also have a Wet Red WCS stem on my roadbike in claimed 100mm length and it measures to 101mm (more what I would expect). I'm a little ticked because the carbon stem feels long on the bike now (not what I was expecting). Is that a warranty item?
    Yeah, it shouldn't be more than a few millimeters off. Bring it to your local bike shop and have them contact our warranty department.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by PMC View Post
    Hi Dave,
    How large of a tire can you run in the new WCS Carbon Cross V2 fork?
    Looking to put one on a cross frame that I can run 45mm tires on and am hoping for enough clearance. The rake and crown measurements are identical to the stock fork so I've got my fingers crossed I can run a big fattie!
    Thanks!!
    Pete
    They're designed for a 35 although I've heard most 40s will fit. No one here has tried it but I'd image you'd run into problems with a 45. If you decide to see if they fit anyway, let me know what you find.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    Hello Dave I have a WCS 4 Axis stem in 100mm that is flat black and a 110mm in gloss black both are 1 1/4 to fit my Canyon Ultimate CF. I would like to order a 100mm gloss black but you only list flat on your US and European web sites.The Canyon web site also only lists a flat black.Thanks for your help.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 25262728 LastLast