Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 262728
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2014

Swiss Cross Sizing Info

I've been considering getting a Swiss Cross frameset this spring and slowly building it up for cross season. The question I have is regarding sizing, it seems hard to find much info on fit and heights online. I'm 6'2 with a 34' inseam, I typically ride a 58cm top tube bike, should I go 57cm or should I go 59cm. Now what if I was to go with the Road Logic, would I err to the larger frameset? Thanks for all your help

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    i just bought a swiss cross and had issues with running a 39 inner ring as it was hitting the chainstay w/ the bb shell measured at 67.4 mm, it was solved with a small spacer. Is the bike not designed for this size ring, it seems like a pretty standard inner ring for many riders.
    Last edited by jroden; 03-14-2014 at 05:27 AM.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonf600 View Post
    Hello Dave I have a WCS 4 Axis stem in 100mm that is flat black and a 110mm in gloss black both are 1 1/4 to fit my Canyon Ultimate CF. I would like to order a 100mm gloss black but you only list flat on your US and European web sites.The Canyon web site also only lists a flat black.Thanks for your help.

Hmmm, well I just represent, and know about, our US distribution and I'm at a loss on where you'd get a glossy version in 1 1/4". Canyon most likely had them specially made to spec on their bikes. Which means they might have extras on top of the flat black ones. I'd start by contacting them and asking.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    I've been considering getting a Swiss Cross frameset this spring and slowly building it up for cross season. The question I have is regarding sizing, it seems hard to find much info on fit and heights online. I'm 6'2 with a 34' inseam, I typically ride a 58cm top tube bike, should I go 57cm or should I go 59cm. Now what if I was to go with the Road Logic, would I err to the larger frameset? Thanks for all your help
    I've gotten myself into enough trouble trying to give sizing advise online that I decided to leave that to the professionals. And you really are better off talking to someone who can see you, your bike, talk to you about what parts you'll be using, how you ride, etc., in person. You can go to our dealer locator to find a authorized Ritchey dealer near you.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jroden View Post
    i just bought a swiss cross and had issues with running a 39 inner ring as it was hitting the chainstay w/ the bb shell measured at 67.4 mm, it was solved with a small spacer. Is the bike not designed for this size ring, it seems like a pretty standard inner ring for many riders.
    Cyclocross frames are generally not designed for standard road chainring setups such as 39x53. They'll likely fit a 34 or 36T inner ring without modification, however.

Ritchey Design Rep
    It depends on the cranks but yes, they're primarily designed with a 34-38T ring being on the inside. You trade off on tire clearance when you increase chainring clearance, and we wanted it to be able to handle pretty large tires. This is however the first I've heard of this. What cranks are you using?
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ritchey_Dave - what size are the 2 seat post / down tube binder bolts (seat post keeper bolts per assembly instructions) on a Breakaway Ti Cross? I need to order a hinge clamp from you guys - can i request those as part of the order?

BTW, saw the new carbont BA at NAHBS and it looks like a fantastic travel bike!

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkydub View Post
    Ritchey_Dave - what size are the 2 seat post / down tube binder bolts (seat post keeper bolts per assembly instructions) on a Breakaway Ti Cross? I need to order a hinge clamp from you guys - can i request those as part of the order?

BTW, saw the new carbont BA at NAHBS and it looks like a fantastic travel bike!
    Sorry for the late reply. They use a pretty standard bolt. It's an M6 with a P1 thread pitch. Can't remember the exact length but it's either 10mm or 13mm. We unfortunately don't carry any extras but they shouldn't be hard to find.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    R_D - thanks a bunch! I can measure the length but needed the other info. I've stripped the head of the bolt by using rounded hex wrenches.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014
    Hi Ritchey Dave;

My name is Paulo, Im very interested in the (old) red Ritchey Swiss cross. The bike with such a thin frame, and the usage of red and white combinations are just classic and beautiful. Kan you please give me a list of the bike components in order to match the setup and the colors of SWISS CROSS displayed on the Ritchey website?

Also can you advise me on the frame size? Im a male with 1.76 meters.

Thanks in advance Paulo.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthPaulp View Post
    Hi Ritchey Dave;

My name is Paulo, Im very interested in the (old) red Ritchey Swiss cross. The bike with such a thin frame, and the usage of red and white combinations are just classic and beautiful. Kan you please give me a list of the bike components in order to match the setup and the colors of SWISS CROSS displayed on the Ritchey website?

Also can you advise me on the frame size? Im a male with 1.76 meters.

Thanks in advance Paulo.
    Hi Paulo,

Glad to hear you're interested in the Ritchey Swisscross. It's not only a beautiful bike, but a wonderful riding bike as well.

The Ritchey parts:
    SwissCross frame (includes fork and headset)
    WCS Curve wet white bars
    WCS 4-Axis Wet White stem
    Pro Logic cork tape red
    WCS 1-Bolt Wet Red seatpost
    WCS Streem white saddle
    WCS Carbon Apex Clincher wheelset
    Pro Speedmax Cross tires 700x35
    WCS Paradigm pedals

The Non-Ritchey parts:
    SRAM Force group
    TRP Euro-X cantilever brakes

At 1.76 meters a 53cm frame would be in your ballpark. However, this is always a somewhat difficult question to answer and I always recommend discussing frame sizing with someone who knows you, and can take all the proper measurements to fully determine what size would best serve you and your riding style.

Hope all this helps and you decide to go with a new Ritchey SwissCross for your next bicycle.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    Hi Paulo,

Glad to hear you're interested in the Ritchey Swisscross. It's not only a beautiful bike, but a wonderful riding bike as well.

The Ritchey parts:
    SwissCross frame (includes fork and headset)
    WCS Curve wet white bars
    WCS 4-Axis Wet White stem
    Pro Logic cork tape red
    WCS 1-Bolt Wet Red seatpost
    WCS Streem white saddle
    Pro Speedmax Cross tires 700x35
    WCS Paradigm pedals

The Non-Ritchey parts:
    SRAM Force group
    TRP Euro-X cantilever brakes

At 1.76 meters a 53cm frame would be in your ballpark. However, this is always a somewhat difficult question to answer and I always recommend discussing frame sizing with someone who knows you, and can take all the proper measurements to fully determine what size would best serve you and your riding style.

Hope all this helps and you decide to go with a new Ritchey SwissCross for your next bicycle.
    Hi Ritchey Dave, thanks for your fast reply. I have have one more question, for WCS Carbon Apex Clincher wheelset, in this bike should I go for the 38mm set?

P.

Ritchey Design Rep
    That's a matter of opinion. We don't currently make a 38mm rim, but there might be some older stock still available from some of our retailers. The one's pictured on our website are 46s.
    Dave Law

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 262728